Two New Cubs

Aurora's POV

"Their beautiful Tama" I say smiling, it was only her and I in the den. As everyone else is out hunting and Scar was somewhere else. I believe Zira was showing Nuka what was left of the pride lands. Tama has just given birth to her two cubs Kovu and Vitani. I was due to give birth in about a weeks time, give or take a few days.

"Thank you Aurora, you seem concerned" she states looking at me.

"It's just even though Scar has an heir, I can't help but worry for little Kovu" I tell her.

"I'm sure everything will be fine, besides we'll watch over them more carefully then Mheetu. Remember we promised not to let an other cub die under his reign" she assures me.  Just then Scar enters the den and I move closer to Tama.

"Isn't that a beautiful sight the new mother and expectant mother together looking after the new arrivals" Scar smiles. I know that smile his planning something and he was looking at Kovu. Which I did not like and resist the urge to growl. "What are their names Tama?" he asks.

"Kovu and Vitani, I assure you though neither is a threat to Nuka" Tama states.

"Of course they won't with Kovu being my heir and Vitani Nuka's future mate" Scar states.

"Their not yours and I will not force my daughter to mate with someone she does not love" Tama tells him sternly.

"I am the king you will do as I say" he growls, but I see his mind working.

"You maybe king, but you cannot make me choose my cubs lives for them. They've only just been born and won't open their eyes for an other couple of weeks" Tama tells him.

"Very well, oh by the way your joining the hunt tomorrow" he states and leaves before she can reply.

"I don't like it Tama, he's planning something" I tell her worried.

"It'll be fine Aurora, besides I'll be with the others. Everything will be fine" she assures me. "Now stop stressing, it's not good for your cubs" she states.

"Ok, but please be careful tomorrow" I tell her relaxing. "Chaka would be proud" I tell her smiling at her cubs. They were both sleeping with Kovu resting the top half of his body over Vitani. They both look very happy and content after their first feed from Tama (their mother).

Just then the others return with a zebra leg for Tama and I to eat. "Oh their gorgeous" Nala states looking at the two newborn sleeping cubs. Mother greets me first rubbing heads purring.

"It won't belong now until yours arrive" she states pulling away looking at my stomach.

"Has Scar seen them yet?" Sarafina asks.

"Yes, he's accepted them into the pride" Tama says giving me look that said to stay quiet.

"That's great news, now you booth eat" mother tells us and we do so. Sarafina then takes the left overs to the hyenas to eat. "Now what are the names of these little ones?" she asks laying down beside me.

"Kovu and Vitani" Tama introduces as the two begin to wake.

"Their hungry again" Sarafina states as she reenters the cave looking at the newborns. Tama starts to feed them again as Zira enters the den alone. "Where's little Nuka?" Sarafina asks her.

"Scar has taken him on a tour of the pride lands" Zira states then looks at Tama feeding her cubs. "So these are Kovu and Vitani, not bad for a first time mother" she states.  "Of course if needed I'll be here to babysit" she tells Tama.

"I assure you that won't be necessary, besides Aurora will be looking after them tomorrow while I hunt" Tama informs her.

"Very well, you know where to find me if needed" Zira states before leaving.

"So how was the hunt today?" I ask the others.

"Not very successful, Zira's group were the only ones to catch something. We managed to snag the leg after they ate before the hyenas" Nala explains.

"So you three haven't eaten?" Tama asks and they nod their heads. "This isn't good we have already lost five members of our pride because of Scar's reign and one cub. If this continues.." she trails off looking at me.

"I have a plan, there's a way off the pride lands undetected" Nala states. "I'm going to use it tonight and I'll find help. Don't worry I know the risks, but I will not let Aurora and you raise your cubs under Scar's reign." She explains and we agree it's our best option at being free & of having the herds return. I go outside to watch as the sun began to set.

"What's wrong Aurora?" mother asks sitting beside me.

"If this does not work, Tama and I leaving the pride" I tell her quietly. "We want you, Nala and Sarafina to come with us. We have a safe place where we can raise our cubs and we don't have to worry about Scar or Zira anymore. The others could come with us" I explain.

"I will not abandon the pride lands Aurora, I promised your father that'd I'd always take care of this land. I can't do that by leaving" she states.

"But I'll need you, I can't raise this cub or cubs alone" I tell her.

"You won't Nala will succeed and Scar will leave with his pride. The herds will return" she assures me wrapping her head around me in comfort. "Now come, you need all the rest you can get before you give birth" she tells me. Mother leads me back into the den and we fall asleep beside the others as usual. But this time we are circled around the new cubs to keep them warm and safe.

A/N

Picture above of Kovu and Vitani as newborns. Picture on the external link of Aurora now.