Chapter 16

I woke up to the sound of beeping and a throbbing pain in my leg. I was in the infirmary and Kace was by my side holding my hand and stroking my thumb. He looked up at me and I looked back at him. "I'm so sorry Emmeline. For everything I've done to you and for everything that's happened to you." He said: he kissed my hand and the sparks that were left warmed my whole body.

Maybe I could forgive Kace but I could never ever forget. He's proven he cares about me. Even though he is a little to possessive at times. But I had no way of  telling him. No matter how hard I wanted to. I don't even remember how I stopped being mute the first time.

So I decided to try and speak. "Kace" he looked up even though my voice came out a hoarse whisper. "I can forgive you" I said. "But I don't think I can ever forget."

He smiled at me. "Well at least your able to forgive me" he said. I smiled but the pain in my thigh started getting worse. I whimpered and Kace noticed. "I'll be right back" he said before standing up and leaving me.

After a few minutes he came back a nurse with him. She adjusted a few things and did a few things but I didn't really pay attention. Eventually the pain in my thigh faded away and I felt okay.

After a few more minutes another nurse came in. She told me I could leave as long as I didn't walk on my leg and got plenty of rest.

So Kace picked me up bridal style and carried me back to our room. He put me down in the closet so I could change. I carefully slipped of the hospital dress and saw the place I had been stabbed. There were ten stitches and a bruise around them. I slid on a pair of black shorts that wouldn't touch it and a grey hoodie.

When I opened the door Kace was there to pick me up and carry me back to the bed. I put my left leg under the covers and the right one on top of them. I didn't want anything to be touching the stitches. Kace went and changed into a pair of black sweatpants and no shirt. But I didn't mind.

He crawls in on the left side of the bed because I had already claimed the right. He carefully pulls me closer to him and I cuddle into his chest. He smiled and kissed my head before turning off the lights. Luckily there were light switches by the door and by the bed.

Eventually I drifted off to sleep. Cuddled close to Kace. His body protecting me from everything and his warmth kept me warm.