Chapter 17

When I wake up I'm still cuddled closely to Kace. He is still asleep so I lay there with my head on his chest. His bare chest is covered in scars from the multiple fights he's been in to protect his pack. His scars reminded him of his bravery. Mine only reminded me of how awful my life had once been.

Then it dawned on me today was my aunt Kathys birthday. This was the pack we were from and I remember them building a grave for her. But didn't want to go out there. Her grave was just a stone in the ground. I had her necklace and that was enough.

Eventually Kace woke up and stretched out. His arms were still wrapped protectively around me. "Good morning" I said sitting up in bed. "Good morning beautiful" he said kissing my forehead. But I wanted a real kiss. So I leaned forward and put my lips on his. He seemed shocked for a minute but wrapped his arms around my waist and mine went around his neck. He slid his tongue against my mouth wanting entry but I denied and pulled away.

"I need to go take a bath" I whined. He chuckled and picked me up, carrying me to the bathroom. He sat me on the edge of the tub so I could easily turn the water on and be able to get my clothes off without having to move my leg to much. He kissed me on the lips again before walking out.

I turned on the water and stripped off my clothes. The scar on my side reminded me of something I needed to tell Kace. Our relationship was getting better. Eventually I knew we would be mated. But what if he wanted to have kids. I only had a .5 percent chance of getting pregnant. Even if I did get pregnant there was a high chance of a miscarriage.
I knew I had to tell him. But what if he didn't want me because I couldn't give him children.

I decided I could tell him later. Right now we were still working on our relationship. I would tell him when I felt we were closer to becoming mates.

I ease my self into the water in the tub. Hissing as the water hit my wound. I didn't know if I could do this. I tried again but let out a yelp of pain when the whole wound slipped under water. "Emmeline are you ok" Kace asked from the other side of the door.
"No" I admitted. "Do you need some help" be asked.

I was self conscious about him seeing me naked but I needed to keep the stitches clean. "Yeah" I said. Slowly he opened the door and I stared at the wall biting my lip. I did my best to try and hide the private parts of my body and the scar on my side.

Kace bent down beside the tub. "Emmeline you don't have to try and hide your body from me. Your the most beautiful person ever. No matter what you think,to me your perfect. I don't care about your scars Emmeline, they just prove how brace you are even after everything you've suffered through."

I smiled and slowly let him help me into the tub. The sparks from his touch made the pain in my leg disappear. His hand traced over the scar on my side and stopped there. So did his eyes. "Emmeline how'd you get that scar" he asked. "I don't know" I said.

"Emmeline you don't not know ho you got a scar like that" he said. "I was shot" I admitted. "How'd you get help."

"Do you wanna know the whole story" I asked nervously biting my lip. He nodded. I was shot by a rogue but a group of rogues also helped me. They removed the bullet and stitched it up and gave me pain killers. They let me stay with them until I was healed. They were traveling somewhere and offered me the chance to join but it was a long ways away and I stayed in the spot I knew best. But when I was shot the bullet damaged my ovaries. They told me I had a .5 percent chance of getting pregnant. And even if I did manage to get pregnant I had a .2 percent chance of the pregnancy lasting. So I would most likely have a miscarriage." I said. A few tears rolled down my face.

Kace wiped away my tears and helped me out of the tub wrapping a towel around me and draining the water. He picked me up and carried me to the closet and set me down. I just changed in front of me cause he's already seen me.

He picked me up and carried me to the bed. Helping me crawl under the covers. It was cold only wearing black shorts and a long sleeve maroon shirt. Kace kissed me and sighed. "I have a few things I have to go do. I'll be back in about an hour. Just call me if you need anything okay?" He said. "Okay"

He walked out and I laid down on the bed. I decided to try and take a nap. But the door slowly opened and Samantha walked in. She had a psycho smile on her face and a gun in her hand. How she got out of her cell I have no clue. All I can hear is the pounding of my heart in my chest.

I screamed hoping Kace or anyone would come save me. She punched me in the face but someone picked her up and made her drop the gun before throwing against the wall. But it wasn't Kace it was Anna. But I thought she died.

"Anna I thought you were dead" I said. "They shot me with a tranquilizer that leaks red to make it look like I had been shot and killed" Anna explained before hugging me. I winced when she hit the stitches in my leg. "How'd you get that" she asked. "The same girl you just knocked out."

"Yeah I figured. Samantha has always been crazy about being the Luna and Kace's mate. She even tried to seduce him once but it didn't work. I don't even see how she managed to stay in the pack this long" Anna said. "Well I'm glad your not dead I could really use an explanation" I said adjusting my leg on the bed I let Anna sit beside me.

"Okay so the reason I did all that is because you deserved to know the truth about what Kace did to you all those years ago. I knew he wasn't planning on telling you so I decided to make you upset, let you run away, then see the truth" she said. "Okay" I said.

"So how are you and Kace doing though" she questioned. " I don't really know." She looked confused " why not" she asked.

" Kace saw a scar on my side. It was from when I was shot. The bullet had damaged my ovaries giving me a .5 percent chance of getting pregnant. And even if I managed to somehow get pregnant there was a 99.8 percent chance of having a miscarriage. So I don't have high hopes for having kids. So I told Kace the whole story and he seemed a little upset. I've always wanted kids but I knew after I was shot I might as well give up on that dream" I sighed. Anna nodded.

"Well the thing is Emmeline is that Alphas are like 35% more fertile than any other males. So that kind rounds your chance up to about like 43% chance of getting pregnant and the pregnancy lasting." Anna explained. "Really" I asked shocked. Growing up as an omega meant not knowing much about alphas. I was happy that now I actually had a chance of having a child.