Jealousy

DRAGNEEL COMPOUND

Lucy sat on the edge of the bed, looking down on the carpeted floor. She was nervous. Who wouldn't be? Natsu was staring at her, arms crossed as he leaned against the white wall behind him. He had a straight face on.

After they left Eucliffe's restaurant, Natsu had been giving off an 'I'm not happy' vibe.

"I know you're angry," Lucy said silently as she stole a glance at him.

"You don't say," he replied dryly, never taking his eyes off her.

She sighed and looked at him innocently.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was leaving the compound," she started, "Sting called and he sounded so bothered about something. I couldn't just leave him be."

"Did you have to be the one to go?"

Now Lucy stood up.

"He specifically asked for me. Besides, Gray and the others were with me. Everything was fine."

He didn't say anything and just looked at her.

Lucy knew he was holding back, not wanting to scream at her face, especially now that she was pregnant. They've fought before, at some point he even shouted at her as she did at him. But not this time.

She reached to touch his cheek but he slightly shifted his face, not letting her touch him, hinting her that he was still mad.

Lucy felt a pang in her heart. She understood that it was her fault to start with, but she still felt sad at how he was acting towards her.

She looked away from him to the floor, her eyes started to water but she held it in.

"I know I made a mistake. Please don't be angry at me anymore," she tried to hide the pain in her voice, "It hurts."

Natsu didn't move a muscle.

Still the same expression as he continued to look at her. At her head.

"What were you two talking about before I got there?" his voice still the same.

She lifted her head to answer him.

Now he could see her moist eyes.

In truth, he wanted to stop whatever it was that he was doing, but a part of him said that he was still mad. Mad that she left without his permission, and mad that Sting was the reason behind it.

"Just about him. Being inlove with someone," she answered truthfully, "Maybe he was embarrassed to tell the others that's why he asked for me instead."

Natsu's eyebrows twitched but Lucy didn't seem to notice this.

"Did he tell you who the woman was?" he asked with calmness and at the same time with eagerness to know.

A spark of fire started to build up in him. Did Eucliffe already tell her?

"No...but I feel like I already know," she answered, her eyes avoided his as she looked to the side.

What once was a spark of fire became a blazing torch. Natsu started to boil up.

"You do?"

She nodded.

One last question and if he didn't like the answer, a schedule for someone's funeral was already set up on his calendar.

"Who?" his voice was dark.

Lucy turned her eyes back to him, staring at him as he stared back.

She slowly opened her mouth.