Chapter 20

This chapter is dedicated to Pusheen_in_disguise and Itzbella00. Thank you, you guys! You are amazing.

Nope. Plan big fail, big fail. BIG FAIL!

That is the first thought that registered in my head after ten minutes of talking to a Jason, who is still stuck in the past.

Remember me thinking about adding him in the revenge team? Yeah, well that was a HUGE mistake. I can't even think about adding this boy in when I don't even know how to deal with a sobbing Jason. Like seriously dude? Grow up! It's just your mate, not the only one for you in this world!

Ok that came out wrong.

It is just your life partner. You still have your life. There, much better.

"So that's how she rejected me. In a shed behind the packhouse Zara! In a shed. In the night at 12:00. I mean didn't I deserve a grand rejection like Blaze did to you at least?"

Sometimes I don't understand this boy. Like did he want public humiliation or something? Is he a masochist or...

Is he even thinking? Wait, wait I don't want him to do that. He might stress himself out too much. And Jason's kind of thinking is scary. Yes, to me all that emotion involved is scary.

It is hard to imagine me becoming like this three years before.

"Huh? Don't I? "He repeated.

"Uh-huh!" I muttered absently. I have to get out of this sticky situation. A sobbing Jason is NOT a relatable Jason. I wonder why he hasn't yet grown out of it. Probably because he was around them too much that all that grief has finally actually damaged some cells in his brain. I doubt they were the cells that related to his sanity, common sense and logic.

"She says it is too complicated. That she can't explain. Well I don't even deserve that huh?" he ranted on and on and on and I knew reading a phone book would be more interesting. So I thought about what Sam told me.

'Stay low.'

'Don't get caught.'

'Let them underestimate you.'

'Don't show off your skill in the Werewolf community college (aka WCC.)'

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that I will be attending the WCC from tomorrow. A pretty small detail considering most of the werewolves there will be my old 'friends' from this pack. There will also be other werewolves from other packs.

As this was the alpha king's college, getting in here was really hard and prestigious (kinda like Yale and Cambridge for humans.) It is a granted you will get in if you are in this pack. But it requires a series of test writing and winning scholarships otherwise. That's why some people transfer here. Now that I am going to be a part of this pack, I can get in too.

There are any Werewolf colleges around the world. Every pack has at least one. But the job of werewolves has also advanced. With so many people using the chips, it is hard to keep track. So computer technicians. Engineers and hackers are required. Working under the Alpha king is really honorable. Your name will last for generations. But werewolves had a higher chance of getting on that team if you studied in WCC, the alpha's own school. You had to be exceptionally gifted to work for him otherwise.

Anyway, it is hard to just up and pack and leave. So such an arrangement will promote migration to this pack more. Granted we are already number one in protection and have the highest number of pack members (around 1000). But now add the education and voila! The complete dream.

Guards and Warriors used to be the highly honored positions. But with the chips coming out, well...

Physical things are considered less than it used to be. Chips replace them all.