Chapter 21: Adisa The Forager

I wanted to wait until I had gotten enough likes on the previous chapter before I updated so this is a pre-written message. So to this day I still get a lot of drama from posting that Here's the thing chapter which was like two years ago btw. It was simply an author's note and I was feeling quite blue. It was a very dynamic moment in my life and I basically explained that I wouldn't write until may. I put black lives matter in it and some people went off. I legit have essays written to me and I want some of you to know that I honestly don't care for your negative opinions. For a long time, I thought that I was writing for people but I'm writing for myself more than anything.

This is also my safe zone and to have yall trying to belittle me for thinking my life matters is honestly shitty. I get dms about it to this day about it. I could easily just put every chapter on private and be in my own little world, but I do love a large portion of you guys. In essence, this authors note isn't for you if you know you are not one of the assholes on wattpad.

If you do happen to be one of those assholes, then go fuck off. If you don't have anything nice to say and it's not constructive then don't say it at all. People will get muted and comments will be reported and deleted. Don't even try it, sis.

I decided to change Logan Browning to play Georgia

I decided to change Logan Browning to play Georgia. It seemed like a better fit.

Anyway, enjoy this chapter.

#AllBlackLivesMatter.

Georgia

I swiped my hair into a quick bun. Dan was in the other room, getting Adisa ready from our outing. A song left my throat in a deep hum yet I couldn't remember the lyrics.

I was nervous. Adisa had only been out of the apartment a handful of times. Each time there were different results. I wasn't worried about how he acted around people. I was worried about him being around such large amounts of food.

Adisa acted like his fever had never happened.Along with all of his newfound energy came a quick metabolism. He recently had learned where the food was and in the last twenty-four hours, raided our inventory. Not a single cracker was safe around him. Dan and I caught him chowing down on a box of uncooked pasta.

I prayed for his digestive system that night.

On a positive note, he was super attentive to me at least. It was almost like he was making up for lost time. I woke earlier in that morning to him staring at me. Heat went straight to my face and I shoved a pillow in his face out of embarrassment.Adisa moved the pillow just enough that he could see me. His eyes sparkle with an emotion that I couldn't pinpoint but whatever it was made my butterflies erupt in my belly. We stayed that way until Dan barged in the room like usual shouting about groceries.

The grocery store wasn't as busy as we had expected. "Should we put him in?" Dan waved towards the child seat in the shopping cart.

"Nah I'm sure we can keep him busy." I shook my head, chuckling at him.

Adisa silently laced his fingers in mine and I felt a little more at ease.

Everything was going fine at first. The entrance was the cereal aisle and we picked out the ones we liked. The cereal aisle opened up to show the bakery section which leads to the fruit section that took up a lot of space.

Adisa was doing pretty well. He kept the growling to a minimum and was just generally curious about everything.

Then he saw them.

It was like something took over his body as he nearly threw himself at the stack of papayas. He picked up one of the papayas up to his face and sniffed it. I could have sworn his eyes nearly rolled to the back of his head. In a few quick motions, he began shoving the fruit in his arms, and pockets.

I pulled a thin plastic bag from its dispenser and walked to Adisa who seemed to be steadily grasping more than he needed. I felt like a bomb specialist as I tried to diffuse the fruit situation. Hair covered his eyes but I could feel his eyes on me. The fruit went into the bag one by one until it was filled. Two bags of papaya and three mangos later, we were cruising through the store again.

They both ditched me while I was looking at frozen meat. Dan dragged Adisa away saying something about sloppy joe. I nodded, trusting Dan to be a little bit responsible and less of a Dan.

I made a small turn into the canned foods aisle because I had been craving pineapples for the last week and I knew this was my shot at getting them.

"Daniel," I whisper hissed at him as he juggled four cans. Adisa stood by idly, watching with a tinge of amusement.

"You told me to keep him busy." With a quick mishap in throwing them up, one of the cans landed on his light brown head. He let out a grunt of pain before completely disregarding the other cans. They rained down around him and people who had been in the aisle looked at the loud noise. Suddenly I felt in my own personal Dan-filled hell. He held a hand to the spot where the can fell, slowly bending down and picking up the cans.

Instead of being worried about Adisa in public, I should have been worried about Dan.

Giggles bubbled up from my throat as all of my embarrassment left. I moved his hand and checked the spot on his head. "Here." I placed a bag of frozen pizza rolls on the growing bump on his head. "Why would you juggle cans instead of something softer?"

"Well, I'm a risk taker. I can't help it." He grinned as I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, why don't you take smaller risks next time?" My smile contradicted the sarcasm in my voice.

"What's the point of taking a risk if it isn't big, right Adisa?"

Adisa nodded his head.

Noted.