Part Seventeen

A/N: Hylians! Let it be heard that the time has come for the seventeenth installment of The Legend of Zelda - Soul Song! I know you've all been waiting ever so patiently for this day to come, so with out further ado, I present to you Part Seventeen!

This part is dedicated to 4EverAndMore for being Link_is_SexyXD's lucky 26th fan! Congrats!

_______________________________________

Part Seventeen

The door between the rooms creaked as it swung shut, giving a muffled thud as it hit its mark. He looked around, noticing puddles of water on the floor, and a clear crystal on a pedestal across the room.

He stepped further into the room as the wisp began to talk to him.

That crystal is a switch, Link. If you trigger it with enough force it will activa- Watch out! The wisp cried suddenly.

He looked up just as she did, and what he saw made fear rise in the pit of his stomach. It was a false wooden ceiling, complete with lethal and sharp looking spikes jutting out, ready to strike. To make matters worse, it was falling to the floor, a shiny silver spike protruding right over his head.

In a flash he jumped sideways, skidding to a halt, sending a spray of water from where he landed in the puddle. He'd already noticed that a large gaping hole from some sort of leak in the ceiling that rotted the wood away, and make the puddle he stood crouched in.

What he didn't notice was the dark lines on the floor, that were actually void space, so he was completely caught off guard when bursts of flames flared from the floor on three sides, the only side that didn't was the side that he'd come through.

They're triggered by motion, Link. Be careful of where you step and don't get caught beneath the ceiling.

The ceiling had already slammed onto the ground, sending small sparks from the impact of the metal on the stone, and it began to rise up again.

He nodded as he watched it rise and fall again, timing it so he'd know how long he had until it fell to the floor again.

See if you can find a path to the next puddle. Try throwing one of those rocks to make the fire light.

He scooped a pebble into his gloved hand, weighing it, and he tossed it across the room to the closest puddle of water. He watched closely as the fire flared up in an easy path, waited until the false ceiling rose high enough for him to walk under, and the he jogged over to it, his boots making small splashes as he stepped safely into it.

But this puddle only lead him further away from the switch.

He looked around again for another puddle. This was just in his reach with the time limit he'd set for himself. He took up another rock, tossing it in the straightest path there was to the other puddle. The rock ran through four walls of fire.

With another rock he tossed it in another path. This one went through three fire walls. Then he got an idea. He picked up a handful of the pebbles that were scattered around him. When he threw them, he used his hand and arm to fan them out, he watched carefully as the firewalls lit up in a complicated path that turned multiple corners, going back and forth across the same span of space until it reached the puddle.

He took a position in the puddle, ready to push off the ground when the ceiling rose to an appropriate height. Then it was time. His feet pushed off the ground, sending a spray of water out behind him as he took off. He ran, weaving expertly through turns and corners. It wasn't until time was running out and he came across a fire wall that hadn't lit up before that he panicked. It was right in front of the puddle, blocking his path so that he couldn't get to it.