I Think I'm In Love With My Tutor (I LOVE THIS ONE)

You were Y/N L/N, one of the brightest Ravenclaws at Hogwarts. The top in all your classes and well-liked by your teachers and peers.

It was the end of your potions class. You neatly tucked your book and quills into your bag and were on your way out the door, but your professor stopped you.

"Miss L/N?"

"Yes, professor?"

"It appears one of my Hufflepuff students has been struggling with his work. If he fails my class, he'll have to take it again."

"And what do you need me for?" you questioned.

"Since you're one of the best students, I figured you could tutor him. I'll gladly give you some extra credit for it, though I'm sure you don't need it.

"Lovely. Who is this boy?"

"Newt Scamander."

Your mind starting racing. Oh Merlin. The adorable Hufflepuff with the freckles and always smells like cinnamon but no one knows why? The one that loves nothing more than magical beasts and creatures?"

"Miss L/N?"

You snapped out of your daze. "What? Oh--uh--yes, of course I'll tutor him."

"Thank you. He tends to daydream during class. Once he nearly dropped his baby bowtruckle... oh what's its name... Stickett? Kickett? Something like that. Starting tomorrow you will meet in the library an hour before dinner," your professor finished.

You nodded. "I won't let you down, professor. But there is one more thing I need."

"And what is that?"

"Could you write me a late pass?"

**Time skip to next day**

Your potions books were neatly stacked in your arms as you quickly made your way to the library. You were very eager to see Newt, even though you were pretty sure he had never heard of you.

You are not going to make a fool out of yourself, Y/N! You thought to yourself.

You kicked open the library door since you were holding books, which earned you a lovely "SHH!" and a stern glare from Madam Pince. You flinched and mouthed a quick "sorry" and walked behind a bookshelf out of her sight to the table where you saw Newt sitting. He appeared to be talking quietly to a tiny, green stick-like creature.

You set your books down, causing him to rapidly look up and the creature to scramble and bury himself in Newt's breast pocket.

"O-oh, hello. I didn't see you there," Newt said.

You smiled. "I'm sorry I startled you and your... uh... pet?"

Newt cocked his head and then realized what you were talking about. "Oh! That's Pickett, my bowtruckle. He has some attachment issues." Pickett popped his head out of Newt's pocket at the sound of his name.

"He's quite adorable," you replied, observing the bowtruckle.

The little bowtruckle made a tiny squeaking noise as to say "thank you."

Newt smiled in the cutest, dorkiest way possible. No one had ever complimented his creatures before. "He likes you."

"I would hope so," you said. "Now let's get started on your studies, Newt."

Newt all of a sudden flushed a deep shade of red. "Uh... what if I told you I didn't know your name...?"

You chuckled. "No need to be embarrassed. It's Y/N L/N."