Ignition

Nii-san, are you packed?" I glanced up from my desk, Okumura-sensei normally didn't address me as his brother during his classes. I understood, for the most part, that it was a respect kind of thing. I glanced around the classroom, everyone else was either working or talking with a friend, leaving me alone with the teal-eyed teacher.

I shifted my gaze up to his and nodded, "yeah, you had me take my bags out to the creeper van this morning, remember?" I wasn't lying when I said that, either. It was a school vehicle, and it had just enough room to fit eight people and their luggage. Like some sort of business van, it was white, with the academy name on the side. Take off a few back windows and you have yourself a pedophilia vehicle.

Yukio's expression didn't change, "did you forget anything?" I blinked a few times, I didn't think so. We weren't taking Kuro with us, but that was decided a few days ago. I gave my twin a puzzled look and he sighed in frustration. "Where's the Kurikara?"

His irritation was starting to eat at me, "Shura took it from me, so she could store it in those weird ass markings."

He seemed to falter, "ah, my mistake," he moved to walk away and I huffed.

"Is that why you wanted to talk to me, to see if I messed up?"

He gave me a dull look, "that's my job, isn't it?"

I huffed and leaned against the back of my chair. It wouldn't kill you to be a little nicer sometimes. I knew that'd be asking a bit much, so I've promised myself to someday prove myself. That way, Yukio would actually see me as an equal instead of a child.

I glanced at the clock, there was only a couple minutes left before we'd be off to Kyoto. Unlike last time, I wasn't as excited to go. Hopefully, unlike last time, there wouldn't be a huge ordeal with powerful demons and what not. This was a simple mission, one that required us to stay at Suguro's again, for a whole week.

My eyes flickered over to Shiemi, who was quietly reading her book. Memories of her, laying beside me after the defeat of the Impure King.... I sighed, I was officially friendzoned, why bother pining over something that would never be?

The bell rang and I jumped, snapping out of my daze. Yukio cleared his throat and went over the details of our trip a final time as we walked out of the room and toward the school garage. When we arrived, Boobzilla was already there, a smirk on her face. "Hey, Chicken, what took so long?" Yukio didn't bother answering her, unlocking the van doors and allowing us all to hop in.

.oOo.

I should've figured things would work out this way. The rest of the boys sat in back, leaving me next to Shiemi, and Izumo next to her. I threw a glare back at Shima, who sat directly behind me. "You guys did this on purpose, didn't you?"

We were already a half hour drive into it, but I was still bitter about the seating arrangement. However, I didn't voice it out loud, because Shiemi was completely oblivious to my distress. Shima gave me an wicked look, "what do you mean?" I grunted and Bon elbowed the pink-haired douchebag. I turned my eyes to the front, which wasn't much except for the back of Shura's head.

"Why are you driving, Yukio? Shouldn't Shura be doing it? She's the adult here..."

"Barely," he scoffed, "from what you know, she's eighteen. That's not much of a difference in age from us." He looked in his rear view mirror before turning his directional on and crossing lanes. "Besides, I'm a better driver than she is."

"Driving's overrated," Shura muttered, her elbow popping up onto the door and her head leaning against her palm. If I could see her expression, I'm sure it would be bored.