|Seventeen|

Warning:- Okay, mild mature content ahead but you all gonna read anyway so enjoy.

Meryl's Pov

Fear was coursing throughout my whole as I felt his large hand on my back, maintaining the right pressure, pushing me forward to continue walking without a stop.

I gulped the fear that was rising higher and higher up on my throat from my stomach. The very thought of his anger and what the punishment will be that he had mentioned earlier was eating me alive.

Was it excitement that I felt or fear?

I highly doubt the former because there was no way this situation was anything to be excited about and so I settled with the latter.

The walk to his mansion ended sooner than I had wished it to be. The mansion was in our line of view and the fear that was eating me alive before became tenfold and I could feel my legs shaking.

Would I be kept in the dog house as a punishment? But no werewolf ever keep a pet dog then would I be starve for days, or would I chained in the basement?

The possibility of what my punishment will be and the fate that awaits me as soon as I step into his mansion made me halted abruptly on my tracks.

Xerxes gave a light push to urge me to continue walking but I was rooted in place by fear and something else...

I didn't wanna remember those days but it came without any cue and images of my dark days in the dark room with a stranger constantly laughing, his laughter filled with nothing but pure sadist filled my mind.

"Meryl." Xerxes grounded my name out when I didn't move an inch at his push. But how can I when I was thrown into that same dark room.

I closed my eyes as images after images clogged my mind. The images of me chained to a chair, immobile to any movement, eyes red with dried up tears, throat close up because of my continuous cry for help and lack of liquid. All I saw was blackness, complete darkness and the only clue that I wasn't alone in that room was the sadistic laugh of my tormentor.

I didn't knew I was crying or shaking terribly like a dry leaf in fear at the memory. I didn't even realise when Xerxes took me in his arms and carried me into his mansion, running at the speed of the light and he stopped only when he reached his bedroom.

All the time, I had my eyes close as the images keep coming one after the other but in spite of all these, I felt a touch so soft, so warm and then the touch of the soft mattress where I was ever so gently laid down.

"Shhh, shhh, it's okay. It's okay." I could hear someone whispering in my ear. But the images and the sadistic laugh of my tormenter still filled my ears.

"Meryl, I am here. I am here." I heard the same voice whispering again but this time it was strained. The voice sounded as if the person was in pain.

Then I felt someone soothing my hair, rubbing circles at my back and whispering an 'it's okay' in my ear.

The images started fading slowly, the sadistic laugh started to fade away, it felt like my tormentor was walking away from me. His laugh was still heard but it was fading, slowly by slowly until I couldn't hear his laugh anymore but the sweet words that someone was whispering in my ear grew more clearer and clearer until it was only thing I could hear.

My face was pressed onto something hard yet soft. I felt was I was engulfed by a big bear because the arms that was holding me completely clung onto me and almost covered my whole. And it was warm too.

"Don't cry, Meryl. I am here."

Xerxes.

My heart thud at the intensity of his tone. He sounded... Scared? No, I could be wrong.