I Promise (Newt Imagine)

It's already midnight but you have to stay awake since you are the duty for the night

It's already midnight but you have to stay awake since you are the duty for the night. As part of the WICKED, you have to make sure that your subject will not do anything that against the plan.

You are browsing at every part of the Glade through the camera installed to the Bettleblades that roaming around.

Your eyebrows furrowed as soon as you noticed that the Gladers aren't complete. You did a headcount twice and surely there is someone missing.

You put down the headphones and immediately go to Station B where your buddy is monitoring the inside of the Maze. You cursed silently because he's already snoring loudly with his head rested on a particular red button.

One of the big screens is blank, surely that's the one connected to the shut down button your buddy stupidly leans on. You checked the other monitors but the missing Glader is nowhere to be seen.

You think about waking up your buddy but immediately discarded the idea since you know he's a complete lazy dude.

With a sigh, you goes straight to the stock room and fetch a protective gear. You put them on and checks your appearance in the mirror, great, you'd just look like a hot female secret agent.

You felt a sudden excitement erupts in the pit of your stomach. You'd never been in the Maze since the first time it was built. You brace yourself with tranquilizer handgun, just in case.

Carefully not to wake anyone, you slid inside the secret passageway where an elevator is waiting. You were perfectly trained about any hazard you might encounter and you're far enough prepared. You know where the alarm button in every part of the maze, and also how to shut down a Griever. For you, that's just like turning off a computer.

As soon as the elevator doors open, you immediately hopped outside and slowly push a secret door, revealing the dimly lit maze. You can hear the Grivers cries from afar, and a soft whimpers nearby.

You pulls your gun from your belt pocket and grip it tight. The sound was drawing near as you ascend.

Then you reach the intersection, the whimper turns out to be a sobs from non other than your missing subject. You sighed and put back the gun in its case and silently observed the certain blond boy.

Of course you know him. His name is Newt, the second in command and apparently one of the toughest Glader. But what you're seeing right now is not the dauntless Newt.

He looks so vulnerable. As if he will break by a single touch.

His hands were leaning againts the wall, both are trembling hard. His eyes were fixed on the floor, tears are continuously dripping down.

You felt sympathy towards him, he's such a mess with those hair spiking at every direction, clothes drenched with sweat and musk and you noticed how badly wounded his knuckles are.

"I hate you!" you were taken aback when he shouted, his voice echoed across the corridor. You felt alarmed since the Grievers might hear him.

"I hate every shucking hour of everyday because of you! I bloody loathe you!!," his cries turned to wails of despair.