A Totally Not Gay Threeway

I was baked but on my way down. Sam's persistent gaze was drilling a hole in my head.

What the heck, man? Just leave me be. Here, behind the school gym where all the junkies hung out, sat on my haunches, swaying like a lazy leaf in the autumn wind. 

"Are you all right?" Sam asked squatting to face me.

There was no such thing as right. Not anymore.

"Let me take you home."

"What home?" I didn't know why I'd said that.

I had a home. A Dad, a brother. They simply didn't like me much right now and haven't for some time.

"I can't just let you stay here," Sam whined.

Shadows grew around me as the sun hurried to the horizon. It was barely six in the afternoon, but winter was coming. At that thought, I tittered.

Sam plucked me up offering his arm for support but I'd have none of that so I leaned against the graffiti covered wall behind me.

"Come on, Chris," he pleaded annoyed.

I stared at him intently. After a while, his pretty olive cheeks flushed.

What was he thinking? I wouldn't try anything. Not behind the school gym and not anywhere else. We were just friends-

Sam's lips burned mine as they attacked my mouth. The fire extended to my cheeks as they surely bloomed in a shameful red. Sam pulled back but only for a second. He parted my lips with ease drawing me into the warmth of his mouth, allowing me to taste him.

Fingers ran along my shoulders and one hand set on the side of my neck, hesitant and light. One of us moaned. I wasn't sure who. Sam gripped my neck harsher as his tongue thrust deeper.

"Is this how it is?" a familiar voice jolted me out of the kiss.

Nathan glared at me and Sam, standing only a few feet away. The nasty breeze tugged at his raven hair and ruffled the rim of his shirt.

I shuddered. Sam's warmth had left me and I was stuck against the colorful gym wall.

"I'm not gay. I'm not ready," Nathan recited and I recognized my own words as they were thrown back in my face. "And you pull this shit on me, Chris?"

He stomped closer but Sam stepped between us.

"Leave him alone already. He's not like you."

Nath perked a brow at Sam's words and smirked widely. "Not. Like. Me."

"Yes. So move along, pervert!"

That rang a tad too harsh for my liking. I placed a hand on Sam's arm stepping beside him. "Back off, please."

"But he's-" he started yet swallowed his words and scowled slipping away from me. "Are you and this degenerate really together?" Sam burst out in disbelief, a finger stabbing the air in Nath's direction.

My eyes met Nathan's cerulean stare. He looked like he was waiting for me to answer that too.

A distant voice served as the perfect distraction. It drew closer and I recognized it.

Coach.

"Yeah, I'll get the milk. Yeah, and toilet paper. Sweetheart, I can remember the damn..." Coach stopped in his tracks, gawking in our direction. Only 40 feet of wrinkly old pavement between him and us.

There was no mistaking it. Shrouded by the gym's shadow, we had been spotted nonetheless.

"Hey! You bastards!" Coach bellowed.