~Chapter thirty~

After informing his parents, they were about to make their way over to the medical centre. His parents were on call, so if anything happened, they could come straight away, but Adeline would stay with him.

"You don't need to do any work... okay?" He told Adeline.

"Ry..."

"And, and... I'm leaving the case 9 stuff until after our ceremony, I've got the guard on extra rounds and everyone's training hard so we can sort out what's going on..."

"Ry..."

"And I've told Brody what to do, so he should just sort it out if anything happens but if he rings... You're smart, you can make a decision." He told her.

"Ry."

"And, I don't mind if you don't stay, you need rest too..."

"RY."

"I'm sorry." He told her... "I'm just worried."

"You don't need to worry... I'm the one that needs to be worried." She told him, she put her hands on his cheeks and kissed him softly, his hands wrapped around her waist.

"Come on, let's go." He told her quietly. He picked up his backpack and put it on his back, before holding Adeline in another embrace.

"Wanna see something cool?" He asked.

"What?" She frowned, putting her hands on his sides.

"Hold on round my neck." He told her. "Lucius can have one last run before he goes."

"Wait you're going to-" before Adeline could finish, Rylan had let Lucia's sprint to the medical centre doors, they were there in seconds.

"Bye Lucius." He said taking back control. "Let's get this party started." He put Adeline down on the ground.

"Why are you excited?" She asked.

"You have no idea how much self-control it takes to control this thing."

"Isn't it just like our wolves?" She asked...

"No, it's 100 times worse than a wolf..." He said chuckling.

"Rylan?? It is Rylan, right? Or should I be calling you alpha?" Another doctor came out beside Isaac, who was smiling.

"Rylan is fine, I'm not officially the alpha yet... You are?"

"Dr. Patrick Henry... Patrick's fine." He told him, shaking his hand.

"This is my mate, Adeline," Rylan said proudly, and they greeted each other quietly.

"Are we all ready?" He asked. "I believe everything is already set up?" He turned to Isaac who just nodded.

"Come with us." He told them. He led them to one of the more advanced admittance rooms and opened the door. Rylan put his back down and Adeline sat on the chair beside the bed.

"So, I'll need you to take off your shirt and just keep your shorts and boxers on, that's fine." He told him. "You can get changed in a minute, just going through what's going to happen."

"So, we're going to have a lot of different monitors and stuff on your chest so it's easier if you take your shirt off, we want you to be comfortable, so just keep your shorts on." He said.

"Also, I don't want you to drink or eat anymore... When's the last time you ate?" He asked.

"We are a little bit earlier, about 5... I don't think I had a drink with my food, so probably lunchtime since I last drank."