seven

———

———

"i wonder who's going to show up first," jungkook mumbled to himself, watching the willow tree from a distance. he wanted to be there to make sure that they all came and that they got along. if they didn't get along, it would be a hiccup in his whole plan. if they didn't get along, he wasn't sure if he would be able to happily go through with everything.

he sat against the trunk of a large oak tree which was close to the willow, but far enough to prevent them from recognizing him. he had to be sure that they were going to be okay.

the boy glanced down at the watch on his scrawny wrist, examining the time. it was ten minutes until two, so he figured they should be arriving pretty soon. he softly hummed to himself to pass the time as he waited.

the first person to arrive was taehyung, which was a surprise to him since the older boy was usually late to everything. jungkook couldn't help but smile at the sight of his handsome boyfriend. man, he was sure going to miss that boy.

hoseok arrived next, sitting down beside taehyung and making small talk.

third was seokjin, followed by yoongi.

fourth was jimin.

last, but not least, was namjoon.

once all six of the boys were there, they sat in a small circle and began by introducing themselves.

"um, i guess i'll start," jimin spoke up. "i'm park jimin. jungkook and i met when we were kids and grew up together."

"i'm kim namjoon. i've been tutoring jungkook."

"my name is kim seokjin. jungkook works with me at my dad's diner."

"min yoongi," the raven haired boy announced, awkwardly scratching the nape of his neck. "i met jungkook on instagram."

"hi, i'm jung hoseok. i met jungkook his freshman year of high school. he's my best friend."

taehyung was next and he felt incredibly nervous, as he knew that jungkook had not come out to any of them yet. he took a deep breath before speaking. "my name is kim taehyung. i'm jungkook's boyfriend."

some of the boys shared glances of confusion, some of shock. it was definitely a surprise to the other five.

"i never knew he had a boyfriend," hoseok mumbled.

"and i never knew he was even gay," jimin added.

"i know," taehyung sighed, feeling somewhat guilty. "he has his reasons for not telling you guys. it isn't because he doesn't trust you though, i promise you all that."