SIX // Piper

A/N: here's another! i've also updated the playlist and took some songs out/added some new ones in, so go check that out :)

HOW SHE ACKNOWLEDGES HER MISTAKES

I have never been the picture-perfect, flawless, gorgeous teenage girl. I have, however, been the flawed, slightly lost looking teenage girl.

            At home, mom and dad assume I have it all together. I can't blame my dad for his assumption because he is barely home – he's always out of town for work. Like now, he's currently in New York. And he'll be home for a few days next week, but then he flies out to California. But mom, well, she's always home. She should know better than to assume I know what I'm doing.

            Spoiler alert: I don't know what I'm doing.

            Especially not right now. I have no freaking idea what I'm doing right now. I know that I'm insane for doing it. That much, I know. But what exactly I am doing? No clue. None whatsoever.

            I'm rambling. I'm nervous, okay? Sue me.

            I left therapy half-an-hour ago, and headed straight back to school for the football game tonight. Taylor said she would meet me here, so that's who I'm currently looking for. I'm standing around aimlessly in the parking lot, looking for my best friend.

            You wouldn't believe who happened to walk up.

            I swear, God hates me. Or maybe he desperately wants me to find someone, so I'll stop asking him to kill me. Whichever one it is, I desperately want God to shoot me down right now.

            Come on, make some random lightning strike hit me. Or maybe a sink hole. Earthquake? Freak accident? Something?

            Nope, nothing.

            Granted, things wouldn't be this bad if I hadn't happened to park right beside his truck. Like I said: God hates me.

            "Oh, hey."

            I look up from my phone, trying to be nonchalant about the fact that Micah is standing right next to me and acting like we're old friends. Is he not mad that I straight up ignored him for two weeks? I would be pissed if that happened to me. Why isn't he mad?

            He's so confusing.

            "Hey," I reply casually, going back to the game on my phone. I lean back against the hood of my car, feeling the heat from the engine radiate through my shirt.

            He walks around to the passenger side of his truck, opening the door and rummaging around inside a bag. "Are you here to watch the game?"

            "Nah, just here because I can. The sunset looks really pretty from this spot," I smirk, glancing up from my phone.

            I hear him chuckle, and I get to watch his shoulders shake as he does. I kinda miss seeing that.

            "You're funny," He comments, apparently not finding what he was looking for because he shuts his truck door with nothing in his hands. He leans against the door, crossing his arms over his chest comfortably. "So, seriously. What's up?"

            I shrug, clicking my phone off and sliding it into my back pocket. "M'singin' the national anthem tonight," I explain. "I'm waitin' for a friend right now, though."

            "Ohh," He nods. "So when we hear the anthem, I'll know that's you singin'."

            My face drops. I rarely tell anyone when I'm going to be singing it because it makes me uncomfortable when people bombard me with questions about it.