Chapter 29: Guilt and Regret

^^you guys are gonna hate me for this....

I rush past a guilty looking Kasey and chase after Evan, it was hard considering he had longer legs than me. 

I don't know where he was going but I know I was going to follow him even if he ran into the pits of hell, I'll be right beside him.

"Evan! Wait up it's not what it-"

"Shut up Wild! I've been there for you every single step of the way and this is what I get in return?!" Evan shouts as he turns around to face me. I could feel the tears brim my eyes, he's always there for me. I could hear thunder above us, soon it was a full on downpour.

Can someone say cliche?

I shake my head to clear my thoughts and shout over the rain "Evan it was a joke!"

"SO OUR WHOLE RELATIONSHIP WAS A JOKE?!" Evan shouted, if this were a cartoon there would be steam shooting out of his ears. He was mad, really mad, I knew not to mess with him at this point but I needed to tell the truth.

"No! What Kasey said was a joke! She threatened me saying she'll tell you I wanted to breakup! Evan I'd never leave you!" I was full on sobbing now, thank the lord it was raining so he couldn't see the tears.

"Then why don't I believe you." Evan spits out.

"I don't know." I say firmly, we stared into each others eyes, trying to figure this out.

If this all goes downhill then I don't think I'd ever let Kasey in anymore. 

We're done.

I get it, it was supposed to be a joke. But a joke gone too far, she hit the breaking point. I don't understand why'd she do this to me, she knows how much Evan means to me. She knows how afraid I am of losing him.

"Evan, you said you trusted me. If you do, then believe me when I say what Kasey said, wasn't real. Please, I love you more than anyone I've ever known, you're my first priority. It's you Evan." I blubber out, the tears and rain has mixed together making my eyes red and puffy.

"You're my first priority too, I just don't wanna lose you." Evan sighs, running a hand through his wet hair.

I can't believe I was ever scared of him, he's perfect. Maybe it's just I was scared of everyone when I first came here.

"You won't lose me Evan." I frown my hair was probably a rats nest, my face was red and puffy from the crying and sobbing. And to make matters worse, it was thundering. It's lightning yet we decide to stay outside, what's wrong with us?

"What Kasey said was a lie." I mutter, instantly Evan wraps his muscular arms around my waist, pulling me close to him. I smile, knowing I got my Evan back.

"Don't ever scare me like that ever again." Evan whispers in my ear causing a grin break across my face. 

"Let's go back inside." Evan suggest, I agree and soon we were running to the house. We pass Kasey without saying a word, I know she regretted what she did. Her eyes were basically begging for forgiveness, I'm just too upset with her I can't forgive her. She messed with the one thing I actually give a frick about.

Evan and I wash up before settling down in bed. I don't even know lucky I was to get him. What did I do to deserve someone like him? I didn't, I'm just too selfish to let him go and be happier. There's millions of girls out there that he'd be happier with, I'm just way too damn selfish.

But I don't care.

Evan holds me close causing my heart to flutter, the sparks danced across my skin like ballerinas every time we touched.

I love him.

I smile to myself and snuggle further into him.

Suddenly I hear the sound of tires screeching and a loud crash. Instantly my heart starts to speed up an unhealthy rate. What's happening?

I jump out of bed with Evan on my heels, I run down the stairs and look out the window in the living room.

My heart dropped.

The guy in the car drove around the girl lying in the road as if it were a possum. He drove off as if nothing happened, I quickly pull out my phone and snap a picture of license plate to show the cops before running out towards the girl who was hit.

I could barely see who it was considering she was covered in blood. I felt like I was having a heart attack, how did this even happen? Don't people look where they're driving? Who would even hit a poor girl?

I could feel the tears brim my eyes as Evan calls the cops, I bend down next to the girl. Something about her just reminded me of someone.

I turn her around gently so she was lying on her back. 

That's when I broke.

"Kasey!" I sob out and instantly try to feel a pulse, guilt and regret filled my mind remembering how unforgiving I was.

She was so guilty, it was supposed to be a joke, she never meant any harm. I sob harder once I feel no pulse, I could barely recognize her considering she was covered in blood and dirt. It wasn't helping that it was still pouring rain.

Soon the cops and ambulance arrive, Kasey was rushed to the hospital as Evan tried to calm me down. 

But there was one thing running through mind.

I killed Kasey.

-

i know u guys hate me now, sorry, just wait xx