Chapter 29

Hi Guys...

Hope you enjoy and Please don't hate Hayden after this chapter :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was now Saturday and I was sat in Jake’s car driving to the flat that he had booked an appointment for last week. He pulled up in front of the apartment complex and we saw a man who looked like he was in his early 20’s dressed in a grey suit stood in front of a silver Nissan Micra. Jake stopped and pulled the key out of the ignition before we both climbed out of the car.

“You must be Mr Peterson” The estate agent said whilst walking over to us. I walked around the car so then I was at the side of Jake. The guy held his hand out to Jake.

“Yes” Jake said whilst shaking the estate agent’s hand.

“I’m Luca and you must be Mrs Peterson” The guy said whilst looking me up and down.

“No she’s a good friend of mine” Jake said in a low voice to Luca. When Luca heard the kind of hiss in Jake’s voice he lowered his head and turned away from me.

“Well shall I show you around?” Luca asked us. Me and Jake nodded before the guy turned around and started to walk towards the main entrance of the apartments. We walked into the lobby and saw a lift on our right. In front of us were 8 small safes, on the wall, with a number on it and a slot in the front. I turned to my left and saw two couches facing each other with a coffee table in the middle and two armchairs facing each other which kind of made a square. The floor had been polished so much that I could actually see my reflection in the floor. I looked up and saw a glass chandelier hanging from the ceiling... this seemed more like a 5* hotel not an apartment complex. We walked towards the lift and waited for the doors to open.

“So where are you from then?” Luca asked Jake as we stepped into the lift.

“Haywood... not so far really” Jake said. They started to talk about the area and other things which sounded kind of boring. We reached the 3rd floor when the doors opened and Luca stepped out. There were only two light brown doors in the hallway and we followed him until we reached the bottom one which was on our right. Luca took the key out of his pocket and turned it to the right in the lock. Jake let me go in before him and closed the door after him. We walked into a little hallway where there was a stack of wire selves on my left. After that it opened into a kind of living room, whoever was living here at the moment had a couch where the back of it was facing us and we could see a flat-screen plasma TV on the wall opposite us. When I turned to my right I saw a breakfast bar opening so when you looked through the gap you could see the kitchen.

“Right you can take a look around and see what you think of the place?” Luca said. We nodded at him. I carried on walking down the kind of hallway until I was stood in front of a door. “The master bedroom and a bedroom are down there” Luca told me. I nodded and turned to my left. I walked past the living room and towards the end of the hallway where there was two doors facing each other. I turned to my right and turned the doorknob clockwise. I stepped into the room and looked around. I could see why this was the master bedroom it was huge. The room had a double bed, 2 wardrobes at the side of each other against the opposite wall and 2 sets of drawers and still had a lot of room. I stepped back out, closing the door behind me. I turned around so then I could look in the other room and saw that it was a bit smaller. I stepped in and saw two glass doors at the side of me. I walked further in and opened the doors which led to a balcony overlooking miles and miles of dirt land. I felt the wind gently blow across my face blowing my hair slightly behind me.

“It’s awesome isn’t it?” I turned to see Jake stood in the doorway of the balcony. I nodded whilst he walked out and stood at the side of me overlooking the scenery. Although there was nothing to stare at it was still a beautiful scenery.