Chapter 24

MISSIO - Everybody Gets High

Adrianne

The knife glinted at me from his hand.

I leaned back in the chair, the ropes not letting me get far away enough. My heart pounded in my chest as he stepped closer.

"Get the fuck away from me," I spat, squeezing the ropes that were tied around my hands.

He smiled, and touched the tip of the knife against my jaw. The cold of the metal sent fear through me.

"Aww, don't be upset. I'm making you pretty." He put pressure on the knife, and I felt a pinch as the tip pierced my skin.

I didn't move my head an inch, scared I would lose an eye. My breath came in and out quickly. I caught his eye, seeing him smile.

He jerked the knife, making a line up my cheek.

I screamed, feeling the hot sting of pain. He pulled the knife out of my skin and stepped back, seeing my blood on the edge of the blade.

"That's better," he whispered.

"You sick fuck!" I seethed. I struggled against my ropes, imagining myself sticking the knife into his skull if I got free.

He chuckled.

"What, are you thinking of killing me?" he asked.

I writhed in my seat, gritting my teeth as I ignored the stinging of the cut. I felt warm blood drip down my neck.

He leaned close, his expression dark.

"You will never kill me. I'm much stronger than you could ever imagine." He paused, and his eyes lit up.

"What do you think happened to Kyle?"

I froze.

"Or that other stripper... What was her name? Carlie?"

No.

"She really did help me, you know. She sold you out." He chuckled lightly.

I jerked against the ropes again, but he continued. 

"The second that I saw the way he looked at you, I knew." He put the knife on my neck, dragging it up lightly so that I was forced to look him in the eyes.

"I tried to warn him, but he didn't listen. Now he's getting what he deserves. And so are you."

I closed my eyes, feeling him drag the knife lightly against the base of my neck.

This is it. The end.

The knife was gone, and I heard his voice in my ear.

"Maybe later. Don't want to kill you so soon, now do I?" I opened my eyes, meeting his dark pupils.

His hand going across my cheek was the last thing I felt before everything went black.

I woke up slowly, feeling pain again. I groaned, feeling the dry blood crusted on my cheek.

"Fuck," I whispered, looking up at the high ceiling to stretch my neck out.

Julian was gone.

Oh, thank God.

I strained against the ropes again, hoping they were loose, but they still felt tight.

"Ah, you're awake." 

I snapped my head to see the girl staring at me. Her short hair framed her face, and her nose looked strong compared to her other soft features. Her eyes were brown, almost the same color as the dried blood on her forehead.