27: comfort

I knocked on the door, once, twice, three times urgently until Harry opened it, a confused expression washing over his strong features as he stood there in only a personally made, dark red satin robe with his initial H embroidered in gold on the f...

I knocked on the door, once, twice, three times urgently until Harry opened it, a confused expression washing over his strong features as he stood there in only a personally made, dark red satin robe with his initial H embroidered in gold on the front, the span of his nicely tanned, chest exposed as he held a glass of wine in his hand.

We stared at one another for a moment, his face stunned and mine neutral as I gazed at him.

"Nice robe." I raised my brows in amusement, giving his outfit a quick once over.

Harry was still staring at me with a slackened jaw and wide eyes, as if seeing a ghost before he closed his lips, swallowing.

"Oh yeah, well, nice- nice...." He trailed off, gazing at me as his broad chest rose and fell in shallow dips and his tongue darted out to wet his lips.

"Fuck, I can't even think, I'm just happy you're here- I mean, what are you doing-" Harry shook his head to snap himself from his daze, surprised to find me on his doorstep at 12:34 A.M in the morning before I stepped forward and hugged him, wrapping my arms around his broad shoulders, having to go on my tiptoes to do so as his hands hovered over my body, caught off guard before I felt him hold me closer.

He lowered his face down to my neck, slowly inhaling, his large frame relaxing against mine, not questioning my sudden gesture of affection and seeming to enjoy my open arms before I pulled back.

Harry opened his mouth to say something, staring at me with a creased brow and a raised pointer finger, sending me a skeptical expression before he rethought his choice of saying anything at all when he took a deep breath, downing the rest of the wine in his glass with his head back before he locked eyes with me.

"Alright, I'm ready for you to yell and curse me out, fair warning though, that somewhat turns me on." Harry advised with a cautious raise of his hands and a serious look as he rolled his broad shoulders, as if psyching himself up for a boxing fight while I blinked at him.

"I'm not here to yell at you." I shook my head, staring at him as his stiff shoulders relaxed and he sent me a confused look that made him seem quite boyish under the porch light.

"I'm here to apologize and that I really do understand this time. About your situation." I added, standing there with a firm posture as he furrowed his brows before I took the folded photo that had fallen from his police costume, taking it out and raising it between us to show.

The recognition and surprise in Harry's green eyes was evident when they widened slightly before a grim expression overtook his sharp features, his lips pressing into a thin line before his intense gaze locked with mine, confirming that I had discovered Polly's secret.

And I was hoping he would trust me to let me hear more from his side.

"Polly and I have been friends since we were toddlers." Harry began his explanation when we had settled on his bed like earlier that night, when there was a party downstairs.