Part 21: Candle

I was happy that I was able to pass the papers on time. Pasalampak akong umupo sa aking upuan.

Finally!! I thought that it would be a nightmare talking to them especially to him.

Napataas ang aking kilay ng mapansin ko ang mga tao sa aking paligid.  I could see them being energetic about something.

There were loud murmurings and shouting about a Ball? Festival? Anung meron? then on cue, Kristine and Vian came to me with big smiles plastered on their faces and I could tell that they're very excited.

"Oh boy! I can't wait for next week? Aren't we all excited?" masayang saad ni Kristine.

"Anung meron next week?" pag-uusisa ko sa kanila.

"Hindi mo alam?!" marahas silang napalingon sa akin kasabay ng  panlalaki ng mga mata.

"What? nagtatanong lang ako, ang OA niyo , akala niyo may malaki akong kasalanan na nagawa" natatawa kong sabi. There reactions were hilarious.

"Hay! Claire, ganito kasi yun next week we will be having the Festival and Grand Ball. For the first two days we will be having the Festival, may mga palaro, booth and at the same time lahat ay magsasaya, for the third day pahinga , Then lastly on the fourth day, Grand Ball na!!!!" Eksaherasong sabi ni Vian.

"What's so nice about that?!" paanas kong sabi.

"Please Claire! For once magpakasaya ka naman, don't be a KJ, okay? and sabay sabay tayo pupunta sa central city this weekend to buy our gowns." nagmamakaawang sabi ni Kristine.

"Come on Claire. Sama kana. hindi ka magsisisi. Please? Pretty please?" Ipinulupot ni Vian ang kanyang mga kamay sa akin at inihilig ang ulo nito sa aking balikat.

I stared at her puppy eyes, napabuntong hininga nalang ako.

"Sige na nga" I said to them, surrending at their request.

"Yipppie!!" natutuwa nilang saad. I just smiled at them habang naiiling. I couldn't help but smile. Para silang mga bata.

---------

That night I had a weird dream.

"I love you so much my dear Clesha" a beautiful woman was holding a baby, she was a beautiful woman. She had this sweet, caring smile and the way she looked at the baby - you could feel the motherly love.

She was crying.

"Someday, my sweetheart, we'll be together again. I love you. I'm sorry if I need to do this" then she cried again. I could feel her sadness and agony. I approached but she couldn't seem to see me.

I felt something. I winced in pain. I couldn't breathe. My heart was aching and I was in total pain.

 Parang may nagsasabi sa akin na I should know her.

She carried the baby into her arm, Someday, you'll know your powers and Always take care my child. I love you.

Napabalikwas ako ng bangon.

Hinahabol ko ang aking paghinga, naririnig ko ang malakas na pagtibok ng aking puso.

Anong nangyari? Sino yung babae yun?

I cried for hours, it felt like I knew her. Somehow that woman was connected to me? Did she call me her child? or was it for someone else? Naguguluhan ako hanggang tuluyan na lumabo sa aking isipan ang mukha nito, everything was in total havoc.

Sino ka?

------

Kinaumagahan,matamlay akong tumayo. I sighed, hindi ako nakatulog sa kakaisip.

Nasa klase nga ako pero halos wala naman dun ang aking isipan.

That woman. I couldn't stop thinking about her.

Napukaw ang aking isipan when the school bell rang, agad ako tumayo at mabilis na tinungo ang library. I tried to read books pero hindi din nakatulong sa akin.

I decided to go to the cafeteria, nakita ko si Jenny and Mica they approached me and they asked me if I was okay dahil hindi ako nakapasok sa isang klase namin. I felt I should tell them pero huwag muna ngayon.

Tumango ako "Yes, I'm okay"

"Nga pala Claire, may assembly meeting ngayon sa Theater room. All students should be there kaya Tara na" Jenny quickly grabbed my arms before I could protest. Nakita din ako nina Vian and Kristine at sabay sabay kaming naglakad papunta sa theater.

Pagkapasok namin sa theather room, my eyes automatically scanned the whole place.

All students were already here and I was fascinated with the place.

There were floating candles above us.  Nakakamangha at para silang mga bituin sa kalangitan.

We were seated at the left side corner of the theater.

Then Headmaster went up the stage. All student suddenly stopped talking and silently watched him.

"I have an announcement to make, as we all know that every year we get to pick three students who will be joined by the Elites for a chance to visit all the six kingdoms, So as you can see there are candles on top of you , once your candle turned gold, it means you were choosen, So shall we begin?" Unti unting bumababa ang mga kandila papalapit sa amin.

The anticipation and nervousness was evident in the atmosphere.

"5,4,3,2,1 - pontalium montebelum" the candles started to move and I could see that

Kristine and Vian candle turned silver.

A candle came to me - I waited and waited , getting nervous by the minute.

I could hear the loud pounding of my heart.

Until

My candle turned into gold.