Chapter Forty Six

Daniel's P.O.V

I'm happy I'm going to be a father again. Mia will be happy to have a younger sister or brother.

I keep smiling like a young fool. She's come out from the bathroom and I walk inside to also clean myself up. I have to go back to the office.

She's already dressed and she smells so good. She smiles at me and I smile back.

"You look happy. Do you mind telling me why?" I asked her.

"Of course I should be happy. What, do you expect me to pay you back? Hmmm, by telling you I can't marry you? Oh no, do you like the idea of being stood up at the alter?"

I quickly wipe that smile on my face. I am frowning at her and she laughs.

"You know I wouldn't do that. I love you too much to spend another empty day without you. Since you don't like doing the chase, I guess I have to be chasing you always."

We both laugh.

"Oh come on. What am I doing here if I don't like doing the chase? If you would've done a good job at chasing me, I don't think I would've been here. It even took you so long," I said and smile.

She laughs even more. She looks so beautiful and care free when she laughs.

"I have to go back to work. I have a lot to do. I'll see you later."

"What? Why are you leaving so soon? Can't you forget about work today? It's our first day together after so many weeks and you want to choose work?"

"But..."

"Don't mind me. You can go," she suddenly gave up.

Then I remember having a huge quarrel with Jennifer on this similar issue. She was furious I had to go to work when she spent days alone taking care of Mia.

The only difference is, she was aggressive about the idea and Chloe is obediently allowing me even though she also didn't like the idea.

At least I have found one thing that differentiates them from each other.

I smile at her and say, "I will stay for a while. I guess business wouldn't collapse just because I took some hours off.

She grins as she walks towards me. She wraps her arms around my waist.

"So what are we going to do for today?" I asked her.

"I want to share this wonderful news with Eunice and Elvis. I'm so happy I'll soon be your wife."

I totally forgot about those two idiots.

We both go to the hall to meet both of them there. Eunice has her head on his laps. She raises her head as soon she sees us coming out.

"I almost thought you two were going to spend the entire day in there."

I chuckle after she said that. My eyes drifted to see Elvis staring at me.

"I thought you were in the office. What are you doing here? I had wanted to ask you but I had a lot on my mind when I first entered this place," I quickly questioned him.

"You seem to work so hard like a robot without control, of late. And I didn't want to miss the chance because I know when you two get back together, I will be the one working hard."

"Guess happy days are over," Chloe teased.

"Yeah, I can see that. Wait, is that a ring I see on your finger?" Elvis said.

"Yeah isn't it beautiful?"

"No, not really,"  Elvis said. He smirks at me and I frown at him.

Oh you'll pay for this.

"Hmmm, I find it pretty. It is nice," Chloe sadly told him.

"Don't mind Elvis. I'm so happy for you both. I almost thought I will give birth to my last child before hearing this news...just kidding. It looks gorgeous. Where do you want to get married?"

"We've not thought of it yet. I'm OK with anything. As long as I become his wife, I'm OK."

Eunice chuckles. "What do you mean by anything? Since he decided to surprise you with a ring, you should also surprise him with a date."

"And did you tell him about the baby?" Elvis asked.

"Yeah she did. Which I find not so fair. Elvis you keep getting entangled with these girls and their crazy way of keeping truths. You'll know how it feels when Eunice does the same thing to you."

"Don't worry, I'm not wishing to get pregnant right now. I want to think about how I'm going to lose weight," Eunice said while eyeing Elvis.

"What did you just say? Why do you want to lose weight? You are fine this way. I'm not complaining," Elvis said, while fuming with anger.

"You are not complaining? I see the way you look at those skinny women." She angrily snapped.

"Skinny ladies? What do you mean by skinny ladies? I don't know what you are talking about. As far as I know, I only like girls with bigger hips and all but with smaller waist. You know that."

"Two days ago when we were watching those models, I saw the way you looked at them. You looked..."

"Nothing!!! I felt nothing!!!"

Chloe and I watch them keenly. This sounds interesting. They hardly fight.

"How can you even compare yourself to them? Yes they look pretty and sexy but they are being paid to maintain their body that way. They have a lot of people to please but you have only me to please. You don't know what your beauty does to me right? You don't know what your body does to me."

"No I don't. Tell me," Eunice said.

"Your eyes are mesmerizing that one can easily get lost when they stare for just seconds. They are so pretty even words alone can't describe them."

"They look normal to me," I said to them.

"Shut up!!! Keep your mouth shut. I'm being serious here," Elvis again snapped at me.

So these two can get serious sometimes. Let me have some fun.

"I love you and that is all that matters. You are all I need. If we look at naked bodies and react sometimes, it doesn't mean we want them. We flirt with girls for fun. We don't mean it sometimes. OK. I used to flirt with them a lot. It is because you always told me we can be nothing more than friends. So I was with them. But now I am with you and nobody's got my eye but you."

"I was just joking. Why did you take it that far," Eunice whispered.

"I know you and I know what you are capable of saying and assuming."

I've never seen these two getting serious. And I must say, this has been a nice show.

"I just thought you had changed your style and you liked skinny ladies now," Eunice said.

"Some of us don't mind about appearances. We do care about what is inside. It is just what is inside you that only matters."

"Too bad some of us don't carry x-ray machines around," I said and Elvis glares angrily at me.

Chloe's playfully hits my arm.

"Though appearance do counts sometimes. You are perfect this way. And I love you."

"Give her the ring already. Isn't it about time you do so?" I again suggested.

"No, isn't it about time you keep quiet? The fact that you proposed to your woman in the bedroom after a fight doesn't mean we all want that."

"Guess we are even now, dear best friend," I smirk as I wink at Eunice.

            ****

Thanks for reading, Voting and commenting.

Have a nice day.