Chapter 12

It seems like we don’t move for hours.  I could lie this way forever, but Onrhi slides out of me and lies rolls off.

“Was it good for you?” I quip, feeling the weight of this experience suddenly.  What if I was bad?  What if he got what he came for?  What if I made an embarrassing noise and didn’t realise it?

Onrhi pulls me to his chest, and instantly, my body switches from satisfied to insatiable.  “Niq.  You are the most amazing creature I’ve ever met.”

“But you’ve seen lions!”

“Yes,” he says, slipping fingertips down my spine and over my behind.  “I’ve even seen them having sex.  Would you like to know how they do it?”

“Only if you demonstrate using me,” I growl and pounce upon him again.

Dinner was early, so even after extended bouts of lovemaking, it’s not even midnight when we fall back on to the pillows.  Onrhi snores softly, and I snuggle into his side, wondering how I lived for so long without him.

My eyes are closed and an early dream reaches up to embrace me, when a little chirp from my compad rouses me.  Cursing, I roll away from Onrhi, stretching out to find the device and silence it.

I’ve only planned to switch it to night mode, but the message highlighted on the screen catches my eye.

Chancellor Chisholm says:  “Two minutes left of today and you are yet to post.  Looking forward to discussing this further tomorrow.”

How could I forget the pic?  Oh God, this is bad.  I meant to post earlier when I was changing for a swim, but the distraction of Onhri’s visit meant I simply didn’t remember.  The blood has drained from my upper body and I begin shaking violently.

It’s one minute to twelve: I’m out of time.  Dragging the sheet off the bed, I clutch the compad to my chest, panicking.  What do I do?

The moon has risen and the opal light floods the room.  Backing towards my full length mirror, I flip the pad to camera mode.  Facing the bed so Onrhi isn’t in shot, I lower the sheet until it barely covers my nipples, my pale pink areolas showing above the white cotton.  Before I can overthink it, I take the pic and post it with the hurried caption, “Is it hot tonight?  Or is it just me?”

My feed begins to fill up with the usual nonsense, but I have to admit, I agree with the compliments today.  With my JBF hair and flushed cheeks, I look beyond happy, like I have a secret no one knows.

Crawling back in beside Onrhi, I smile, because he is my secret.  I will do anything to keep it that way.

My eyes spring open, and a grey, unfriendly day peers in my window.  Reaching out for Onrhi, I find the bed warm from his body, but empty.

“Onrhi?” I call tentatively.

There’s running water in the bathroom and then he appears.  “Hey.”  He kneels on the bed and kisses me deeply, despite any morning breath misgivings I have.

“Hey.  You’re dressed?”

He straightens and smooths his jeans.  “I am.  My dad called this morning.  A potential client dropped by my place.  He’s looking for a guide, so I need to go meet him now before he finds someone else.”

“Oh.”  I feel tiny and unseen, an image of Onrhi sailing or trekking away, leaving me alone in my empty palace.

“Don’t even think it.”  He presses his thumb to my lips and I shiver from his touch.  “Don’t think for one second that I could ever leave you.  Especially not now.”

“What are we going to do then?”

Onrhi grins devilishly.  “For now, I’m going to go deal with business.  Then tonight, I’m going to come back and there will be more of this,” he says, squeezing my breast through the sheet, causing me to squeak like a hamster.  “Then, we’re going to sit down and make a plan.”

“Okay.”  With Onrhi helping, I know we can find a way out of this labyrinth.

He kisses me once more, then leaves.  Grinning foolishly, I reach for my compad and message Vix.  There’s already a stream of messages waiting from her, her tone growing more frustrated and her language filthier with each unanswered text.

The last one was sent thirty seconds ago and is so offensive, I can’t bring myself to finish reading it.  I respond quickly.

Okay!  Settle down, I’m here!

Bitch!  Get your whorish self over here IMMEDIATELY!!!

Drama queen.  Order me some breaky and I’ll see you in 5.

IT BETTER BE 5 OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN.

Then stop messaging me so I can get ready.

I sign off with a lipstick kiss emoticon and swipe the pad off, ignoring the 293,380 other notifications I have waiting for me.  Vaguely, I muse that the number is much higher than a usual morning, but remembering my saucy midnight picture, I blush and put it out of my mind.

Sometimes the right outfit for my mood just leaps out of the wardrobe.  The first item I see is a floaty maxi dress in a pale yellow.  Forgoing a bra, I pull it over my head, and the feel of the light material dragging across my nipples causes me to break out in tremors.  Maybe I’m a sex addict now.  I should ask Vix if there’s a cure…

Dancing down the stairs, I decide I don’t need a cure.  If I’m sick, then Onrhi is my treatment and I hope I never recover.

I skip through the empty kitchen, the empty space telling me it’s either really early still, or my ever considerate staff are taking a late start.  Out the doors and across to Vix’s, I don’t even make it to the pool before I hear her screeching at me.

“You dirty slut!  I can’t believe you go rouge and don’t even ask me along for the ride!”  Vix stamps her foot on the marble, dainty in a short green robe that barely covers her rear.  Her blonde curls jiggle in fury.  “I’ve always thought we were like sisters, but what kind of sister ditches her twin to go act like a skank alone!  You never want to have fun, and now, the second I’m not there, suddenly, you’re Queen Party Animal!”

“Vix, I love you, but I have no idea what you’re talking about.”  I can’t seem to stop smiling, despite the grey day, despite Vix’s anger.

“This.  I’m talking about this.”  She hands me a pad, open to my feed.  There’s half a dozen new pics tagged with my name, showing me dancing on a bar, letting two guys suck my toes, flashing my breasts to an ecstatic crowd.  Siimon has done well…

“That’s nothing,” I start.  “That’s not actually me-”

“Oh really.  What about this one?”  She scrolls down and expands the actual photo of me from the night before.

“That?  So what?  It’s just me in a sheet!”

Vix throws me a pitying look.  “Amateur.  Did you even notice the mirror?”

“Mirror?  What are you…  Oh…”  I’d taken the pic facing the bed, but my big mirror was behind me.  In the reflection, my naked backside shines in the moonlight, and Onhri is clearly visible slumbering in the crumpled bed sheets.