Chapter 23: Keana

Camila tried staying calm. She so badly wanted to be a normal girlfriend and surprise her love in front of the airport with a bouquet of flowers and a handful of kisses. But of course, she couldn't do that. There's this thing called paparazzis. And she hated them.

So she stayed inside the car, tapping her foot impatiently as she looked outside the window like a dog looking for it's owner. She waited and waited and waited until she saw her bodyguard Barry walking towards the car with baggages on his side.

She stayed away from the window to avoid any photographs but constantly stole glances. And that's when she saw her girlfriend. With another girl. Lauren didn't tell her she was bringing someone else and to that, Camila frowned. But regained her composure when she realized it was keana. 

The two friends quickly rushed inside the car and so does Barry. Camila planned a thousand words to say to her and a thousand things to do to her but she sat still and froze when she saw the girl she loved. She just stared at her viridescent eyes and hummed in content.

"You're ethereal." Camila whispered as she pulled Lauren into a passionate kiss. Keana whistled as she settled down on Camila's other side. As they broke the kiss, Lauren sat on Camila's left and closed the door behind her. The car started driving towards the hotel.

"Where are we going today?" Lauren asked, taking off her shades as she held her girlfriend's hand. She lifted it to kiss it, missing the scent and feel of Camila's skin.

"I thought you might want to rest."

"What? Camz, no. I haven't seen you for like a century! We are not resting!"

"But.. cuddles and hotel tv?"

"We can do it tonight."

"Please. Lauren's private part is as dry as the fucking sahara, I doubt resting is the only thinkg you're doing tonight." Keana rolled her eyes as she took a look at herself on her phone.

"Okay, we can go put your stuff first, clean up a bit, eat lunch. Keana, what do you like?"

"Wait." Both girls said.

"She's not coming with us."
"I am not third wheeling." Camila laughed and nodded.

"So it's just the two of us?"

"Hell yes."

"Then okay, I have plans."
--
Camila tried but failed miserably to get the stupid smile out of her face. They were holding hands and publicly walking down the streets of New York, just like she've always dreamt of.

They walked inside the art museum they found online and as soon as they stepped inside, a bunch of eyes immediately stared at the pair. Some even had the audacity to record them as they were walking. Lauren could feel Camila getting nervous and Lauren gripped her hand tightly as they walked towards the ticket counter. As they were waiting in the line, hearing whispers and receiving looks, Lauren pulled Camila towards her. Camila was now burying her face in Lauren's neck and hugged her waist tightly, wanting to drown in Lauren and disappear from the world.

"The fuck are you guys staring at?" Lauren scolded, glaring at the people in front of them. They all tried to look away but not so subtly continued watching the pair. Lauren sighed, all she wanted was a normal date with the love of her life.