Chapter One

Ruth was attacked, her body forcefully shoved forward by him, he lunged forward a sharp knife slicing through her nightdress and into her hip. She screamed in agony, tears rolling down her face as she cried out for help.

He pushed her backwards, slamming the motel door behind him and hurrying towards his victim - pushing her onto the bed and placing his body between her legs.

"Help me!" Ruth screamed over and over again, hoping somebody... Anybody would hear her pleas and save her life.

He forced himself upon her, and the second he was done using her body for his sexual release he repeatedly stabbed her all over her body - chest, neck, thigh, stomach, arms. She died almost immediately, suffering immense pain before her heart stopped beating and her blood stopped pumping around her body. Her muscles gave way, her body becoming limp as the murderer jumped to his feet and fixed his outfit.

He stared at the destruction and damage he had caused, the limp lifeless body on the bed. Cold and still, it was a horrific sight as if straight from a horror movie.

As he fled from the motel room... He knew one thing, that he just couldn't get caught.

___

Murder in the city of Portland wasn't very low, it occurred a lot but usually it was a hit and run, shooting or a stabbing. When I say stabbing - I don't mean a stabbing like this murder tonight. This body was hardly recognisable, so much loose skin from the rips of a knife into her delicate, once glowing, skin and so much blood covered the white sheets and her silky nightgown that was just shreds of cloth now. The sight was enough to haunt you for years.

Detective Easton had seen numerous murder victims, but for some reason this case was something she wouldn't forget - ever. The sight burning it's way into her brain, ready to sink in deep and never be forgotten.

The scene in front of Detective Easton was disgusting. She was shocked and very saddened to see the sight laid out in front of her, she received a call from her fellow colleague who was called to the scene of a murder case at a small motel just off the highway.

A young woman lay on the bed covered in blood, her blood. She was stabbed over twenty three times, it was a ruthless and cold way to die, an inhumane way to kill somebody. Her eyes were still open, completely lifeless and looking up at the dirty ceiling above her.

One arm limply hanging off the edge of the bed and the other on the pillow beside her, she didn't get the chance to get under the sheets but you could tell she was prepared for bed as she was in a silky nightgown that ended mid-thigh. It was obvious she had been sexually assaulted as well, as her underwear was on the floor and a ripped condom wrapper was left beside the thin material - smart man took the used condom with him. He knew the tests would run the DNA and the police would find him out soon enough.

The police received a call at exactly 12:07am from the hysterical boyfriend of Ruth Slater, his name; Harry Styles. He called frantically begging for an ambulance, when the police and ambulance arrived Harry was covered in his girlfriend's blood as he laid over her trying to wake her up, even his shoes were covered in blood.

He wasn't crying however, he almost had stone cold features, like he didn't care or seem fazed by his dead girlfriend in front of him - like her death did not bother him.

That was the first sign Detective Easton took note of, why wasn't he crying?

He stood frozen to the spot outside the door, staring at Detective Easton, looking at her up and down, ignoring every question shot his way by the police.

Detective Easton put her blue rubber gloves on and walked over to the bed where the victim lay.

"There's blood on the floor, she was stabbed before reaching the bed. The way she is lay is almost like she fell on it in that position before being raped and stabbed again," Detective Easton summed up the exact scene that occurred two hours before she arrived here. She played a scenario in her head of how she saw the murder to be carried out before taking the steps the murderer would have taken. "What made this young woman so special? Why was she the victim?" Detective Georgina Easton asked nobody in particular.

"Is there any other murders like this nearby recently?" She asked to her partner on the scene.

"Nope," her partner Kurt Lawson shook his head. "Just this one. Brutal right?" Georgina simply nodded her head, frowning at the victim's body. "My bet is, the boyfriend did it."

________________________

Republished: 10, Dec, 2018