Chapter 13

The Kingdom of Hell
Lucifer's POV

Micah sat in my lap, a small smile on his face. Small samples of fabric, flowers, and other wedding items were spread out on the table. The bright whites annoyed me, but Micah's warmth pushed against my chest and I calmed down.

Stupid Azazel. What was he thinking? Lying to Micah like that. Not only did he lie, I know have a wedding to plan. "-o think? Lucifer?"

I looked down. "Hmm?"

"What do you think of this?"

He held up a black card, a red ribbon tied neatly around it. "... What is it?"

Micah blushed. "Well, it's... An ivitation card. I just thought... You'd like it... Because it's not white. You seemed kind of annoyed."

I leaned down, pulling his chin up and planting a kiss on his lips. Micah's eyes drooped shut, his body squirming around until he was facing me. His arms wrapped around me, his lips parting slightly.

After our first kiss, Micah had become less nervous about such things. It made me happy, to see him react to my touch. When I pulled away, a small cough sounded out. Micah jumped, moving across from me. Azazel handed him a small package. "Here, as you requested."

Micah smiled, his face lighting up and his cheeks glowing red. I raised an eyebrow, but Azazel only smirked. "I see you two were having fun."

"Azazel, I believe you are wanted in Nunya."

"... But of course, my Lord."

Azazel stalked off and Micah looked at me. "Nunya?"

I blushed, coughing. "Nunya business."

Micah chuckled, pulling the package close. "What's that?"

"... Nunya."

I laughed, causing Micah's ever red face to shine bright. He got up, running out of the room. "I need to put this in my room."

I sighed, watching him leave. All this wedding planning has severely confused and angered me. It would be better to cancel the entire thing, but Micah seemed so excited. I can't take that away. His smile in worth everything. Even a holy wedding.

Azazel walked in once Micah left, holding another letter in his hand. "It appears our friend Seth has returned to Heaven with Airick."

I grabbed the letter, tearing it open. Indeed, it was a goodbye letter, letting Micah and I know that Airick had taken Seth back with him. I guess Blondie had the courage to confess. About time, too.

"Seth went back? With Airick?"

I looked over at Micah, expecting to see tears in his eyes. Instead, he broke into a grin. "That's great!!"

"Why?"

"Well... Airick and I... He came over before and... We sort of made a... Promise."

"What sort of promise?"

I kept my voice low and even, though I was boiling with Jealousy. They met in secret? Together?! What promise did they make?!

Micah blushed, looking back and forth between me and his hands. Finally, he lunged forward, landing on my lap. "I... I love you!!"

Silence followed the small boy's confession, my mind registering his words. Slowly, my face burned and my lips pulled into a smile. He... He loves me. He loves me. He loves me. I can't believe it.

I leaned down, taking his lips in a soft, gentle kiss. By then Azazel had taken a hint and left, and I continued the kiss, making it more and more passionate. When I pulled away, Micah's hooded eyes looked up at me. I placed a hand against his cheek, watching him lean into the touch. "I love you, too, Micah."