Chapter Five

What's this, another update? haha Enjoy my babies.

"Wait a minute!" Carmen shrieks. "Isaac? As in thee Isaac Matteo asked you out on a date, and you turned him down? What the hell is wrong with you, Hail bear!! You don't turn down a man like that! Gosh," she drags out, "I wish I was standing right there so I can slap some sense into you!" Carmen chuckles into the phone.

She had called me the second she got home from school, and we've been on the phone for over half and hour now. I originally texted her to call me later that day to tell her about Patrick, and of course I obviously told her what happen with Isaac.

"I don't know, I just panicked! I mean why would the cutest guy in school be interested in a girl like me? It just all smeems a little sketchy, don't you think?"

"Why wouldn't he be?" Carmen snorts. "You're over thinking this, Hail, stop. You're beautiful, kind, funny and you have an amazing butt! Guys love butts."

I start to laugh softly, "Carmen.."

"I'm sorry, but it's true!! You were naturally blessed with a bosom, embrace it mami! Any guy would be lucky to have you, Hail bear!" I giggle softly.

Carmen was obsessed with my butt, when I in other hands was a little more insecure about it. For any other normal teenage girl they would gladly be proud to have some type of ass, maybe even flaunt it around like Carmen says I should do. But I hated it, I hated being stared at, it made me uncomfortable. I wasn't necessarily as curvy as all the other girls in school, I had my fair share of body fat, but then again Carmen always said that it lands in all the right places, meaning my butt.

"I'm proud of you though!" Carmen speaks softly into the phone.

"How so?"

"You came out of your shell for once, Hail. You actually gave that guy your number! Well... tried." She giggles. "Do you think that Isaac kept it?"

"I don't know. I didn't even see what he did with it." I mutter quietly as I fidget around with the cap of my shoelace. I was currently laying on my back on one of the couches in the living room, my leg over my knee. I had my earphones plugged in so I didn't have to hold my phone to my ear.

"What if he ends up texting you or calling you?" She says excitedly.

"I don't know," I start to say shyly.

"Ugh, we need to get you out of that damn shy shell, Hailey Summers!" She playfully shouts into the phone.

"I'm trying, Car." I utter gently.

"I know you are, but I need more woman!!" She giggles. "Find him tomorrow! Tell him that you had plans, but that they got canceled so you can make it to dinner after all."

"You want me to do what?!" I choke out and Carmen immediately starts to laugh.

"You right, that's to forward.. Hmmm, if he's still interested like I think he is, I know for a fact that he'll go back and look for you again, and this time do not reject him! Do you understand me?"

"What makes you so sure that he'll go back?"

"He's a guy, Hailey. They're persistent. They can never just take no for an answer, he'll try again.. Promise me that you won't say no this time!" I stay quiet on my side of the line, staring up at the ceiling. "Hailey!"

"Okay!" I shout back. "I won't say no."

"Good! But hey I gotta go, my mom should be home any minute now and I still haven't cleaned.. I'll text you when I'm done, okay?"