Part 41

I might be crying, but I think my eyes are just sweating. In a cool way, of course. H

you ballsacks wanted drama. So yA GIRL BROUGHT DRAMA SORRY NOT SORRY. -Grace

Word count: 2500
___________________________________

It was my last week in England and Harry and I had done everything you could possibly do in the U.K. From sight-seeing, to shopping, to eating local cuisine: you name it, we did it. But the more my time in with Harry shortened, the more tense he got. I couldn't figure out if it was just me, or if it was something out of my control, but he was more short-tempered and I felt like I was stepping on eggshells whenever I talked to him.

Today was the worst of them all. I had just woken up from a nap after our morning in town, and I could hear him talking very loudly on the phone from the first floor. I rubbed my eyes and left the bed, going out to the landing to see him pacing the living room.

"What do you mean there's a worse headline?" He fumed, and as I began walking down the stairs, he said, "Well tell them they can fûck off. They don't know my private life. Why do they need to know where my money goes?"

I silently made my way to the bottom of the stairs, hesitant to startle or interrupt him. He sat down on the couch and put his head in his free hand. "She's not a fûcking leech, Liam. She's my girlfriend and -- what? No, of course not."

I bit my lip. Clearly there was another news story out about us. I was afraid to know what it was, and by the sound of Harry's voice and the look on his face, it wasn't good.

He immediately hung up the phone with a frustrated groan, and out of anger, threw the phone at the wall -- narrowly missing my head. I flinched as it hit the wall, shattering, and I almost fell against the staircase. Harry's face instantly paled upon seeing how close he was to hitting me.

"Oh, my god," he gasped, rushing over to me. "Baby, I'm so sorry, I had no idea you were down here."

I swallowed hard and avoided his gaze. That memory of him with Zayn suddenly flashed to the front of my mind, when he was so angry that he put Zayn into a chokehold. I told him I didn't want to see him that angry again, but only a few seconds ago was his cell phone flying across the room and nearly hitting me in the face.

"What are they saying?" I said, avoiding his original statement. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Who, Liam?"

"No," I said. "The magazines, Harry, what are the magazines saying?"

He sighed and walked away from me, running a hand through his messy hair. "I lost a cover shoot opportunity with Cosmopolitan because they felt as though our relationship was extremely unprofessional. . . they didn't want their readers to think I paid them to put you on the cover because you're my girlfriend."

I pursed my lips, feeling terrible at his lost opportunity. "I'm sorry, Harry."

"Oh, wait," he said, holding a finger up. "There's more. Nearly every news source has our photos posted, all of which are claiming that you are dating me for my money and that's how you're paying for college: my wallet."

I fell silent, listening to him list more and more rumors and claims and accusations that the public has made about me and Harry. I felt my eyes beim with tears, I knew this would happen. I looked down at the two little birds on my wrist, a tear drop landing on one of them. "This was so stupid." I whispered. I knew this tattoo would be a mistake.