Chapter 2 {Lunch and Lingering Eyes}

Kara's P.O.V
- I walked into the small coffee shop, I wore a black skirt and a black and white mixed, cotton long sleeve.

I almost, immediately spotted the raven haired women from across the room.

I smiled at the thought of talking to her again, knowing I was about to do exactly that.

I walked up, kind of fast, just wanting to here her voice.

"Lena!" I cheered, a few feet away from the table, but still walking.

Her head looked up from her phone and she instantly shut it off.

"Kara!" She beamed, "I already ordered, I got you the same as me, just a normal coffee with some extra cream. I can order you a different one if-"

"Is fine Lena, it's perfect." I smiled at the girl, before pulling the chair across from her out and taking a seat.

"So! How have you been...since, ugh, after I left your office?" I laughed little, locking eyes with the Luthor.

She chuckled a little too, "I've been good, a rough day of work so far today, but I'm okay now." I got what she meant, and it made my smile grow.

"How about you Danvers? How have you been in the past 24 hours?"

I looked down, and than back up, thinking a little.

"Ugh, I binge watched the Vampire Diaries...very productive day." I nodded, assuringly, trying not to break into a fit of laughter.

Her face held back laughter as well, but she did a worse job of showing if as a small chuckle escaped her lips.

"So, should I start with who your family is?" She looked at me and smiled.

"Ugh...sure, uhm, I have one sister, a mom, and a Dad...That sounded stupid... Well, Mr.Dan-uh, Dad, he passed away when I was younger, my mom lives out of town, and my sister Alex works for the government, in the FBI." I nodded, going over my slight lie in my head.

She nodded and smiled a little. "I'm sorry."

"Oh! No! It's fine, really, it was a really long time ago. Promise." I assured the lady before me.

"Oh, okay."

"How about any relationships? You with anyone?" She looked at me questioningly.

I laughed a little. Should I tell her? Might as well. If I'm gonna lose her as a friend because of this, might as well be now.

"Ugh, no." I quickly denied. "I'm, ugh, I like girls." I chuckled nervously, whispering if slightly.

"But don't tell anyone! My family isn't fond of Gay, Bi, Lesbian, trans thing. I, ugh, can't tell them." I looked down and back up at the CEO nervously.

Her face held shock but...hope? At the same time.

"Oh...I'm, uh, I'm actually bi, so..." her words made my heart beat, even faster.

I smiled, "Really!" I whisper-yelled, happy to actually have another person in my life who understands it.

"Yeah." She smiled at me.

"Cool, I-"

"Kara!" A voice echoed through the, nearly, empty coffee shop, which is surprising.

I turned around a little, "Winn was on the other side of the room, smiling sheepishly as he staggered over to our table.

He gasped loudly, and longingly. "Your Lena Luthor!" He squealed, rapidly taking a seat next to me.

"Yes." She smiled at him, glancing at me.