Chapter 2-Meet the Family?

We walked for a little while longer until we came to a little gravel trail leading to a small house in the woods.she pointed at the house and smiled.

Ruby: Ta da!

She walked up to the door and knocked. A man came to the door.He had to be her father.He looked at her and smiled.

Man:Ruby welcome home!

Then he looked at me.

Man:And who is this?

I could tell he was confused and worried.

Ruby: Don't worry,Dad hes a friend!He helped me out on the way here!

I walked past her to her father and held out my hand for a hand shake.

Y/N: Hello sir.I was told you could help me with a.. situation.I'm lost.

He took my hand and smiled.

Man: I'll see what we can do to help and call me Tai.

I smiled under my mask.

Y/N: Thank you sir.

Ruby and I walked into the house and we moved to the couch.

Tai: I'll go make some tea.

I sat down on the couch.Ruby sat down next to me.She scooted next to me more and more until she was a little close for my comfort.

Ruby: So....Can I see your weapons?

I laughed a little.Then a Girl with incredibly long blond hair came walking down the stairs.She took one look at me and grinned.Then looked at Ruby and said

Blond haired girl: Ruby,who's the badass looking guy next to you?

I had just realized they hadn't seen my face yet.

Y/N:I'm sorry, it's been a while since I had to talk to people.....

I took of my helmet and they saw what I looked like.I had blue eyes and with short blond hair.I had a scar on my left cheek from one of the fights I had with some fallen.Long story for another time.

The girl on the stairs came down and sat on the couch.

Blond haired girl: What I meant to say is,who's your cute friend?

Ruby: Yang stop!Sorry that's my sister,Yang.

Yang grinned and winked at me.I just waved back and smiled.Her dad,Tai came back with some tea.He sat down next to Yang and handed me some tea.

Tai: So,whats the problem?

He seemed more calm and trustworthy since he saw me without my helmet.I put down my tea and told him.

Y/N:Well,I'm not from around here and I'm just lost.Could you tell me where I am?

He brought out a map and placed it on the table and pointed to where we are right now.

Tai: This is where we are.This is where Vale is.

He said pointing to a bigger location on the map.

Y/N:Whats Vale?

Tai: You don't know what Vale is?Where are you from?

Y/N: I'm from the Cosmodrome. The last safe city.

They all looked at me confused.

My ghost started to talk to me on the coms.

Ghost: By my calculations,there is a 85% chance that they will be creeped out/ scared of you if you tell them your from another planet.It seems our enemies are not a threat here so,that means were not on Earth anymore.

The ghost was right.I just came up with a story off the top of my head.

Y/N: The Cosmodrome is a small town far away from here.I came here to study and train.

Tai looked like he caught on.

Tai: Oh!Your looking for Beacon academy aren't you?Yangs going to the academy to.

I had no idea what that place was but I just agreed with him.

Y/N: Of course!Where is the academy at?

Tai: You can't head there now.The ships going to the city have stoped flying for the night.

Ruby jumped into the conversation.

Ruby:Can he stay the night here dad?Please?

She looked at him with puppy dog eyes and Yang laughed.

Yang: Your only saying that so you can see all his guns.

Ruby was about to respond to Yang when Tai finally gave in.

Tai: He can stay here as long as he needs to.

Ruby looked happy and Yang smiled to. Tai got up and left the room a few minutes later to go get me pillows and blankets.That just left me,Ruby and Yang in the room.

Ruby: So......Can I see your weapons now?!

I chuckled a bit.

I showed both Ruby and Yang only the best of all my weapons.Most were lost with my vaults destruction but,my Ghost managed to save some.I showed them the icebreaker,the lord of wolves,The Gjallarhorn,and the shotgun,invective.I wanted to show them more but Tai walked back into the room after being gone for about 15 minutes.

Tai: All right you two time for bed.

They both got sad,especially Ruby.

Ruby: But,I wanted to see more weapons....

I laughed and put my icebreaker back in its holster on my back.

Y/N: Maybe tomorrow.

As the girls walked up the stairs to there rooms,Tai laid out the pillows and blanket for me on the couch.I still sat on the other couch,thinking.

Tai: Aren't you going to sleep?

Y/N: We don't sleep very much were I come from.We have to be weary of enemy attacks.

Tai: Your life sounds rough, well When your ready it will be here waiting for you.

he walked off to bed.I was alone in the living room.

I was sitting there for a hour when I heard footsteps coming from upstairs.It was Ruby.She was wearing pajamas and looked very tired.

Ruby: Oh!I see your still up.

Y/N: We don't sleep much where I come from

She came over and sat on the couch opposite of me.

Ruby: I couldn't sleep so I came down to get a drink

Y/N:I can tell you one of my battle story's if you want.

Ruby: Yeah that sounds fun!

I grinned and began the story.

Y/N:A long time ago, there were 3 Guardians-I mean soldiers.They had heard one of there greatest enemies was creating a weapon to destroy there god.

I told her the story of Me and my fireteams visit to the moon and how we stooped the hive from draining its light.By the end of my story she was asleep on the couch.I sighed and got up and picked her up and moved her to her bedroom and set her in her bed.

Y/N: Is this what the city's children are like?Do they act like her?So happy and carefree?

Ghost: With guardians like you they don't need to be afraid.

I smiled at the comment and went back downstairs to the couch and laid in the bed.I yawned.This was going to be a great adventure.