Diplomacy (Kylo Ren x Reader)

"It's a diplomatic mission. I'll only be gone a week, love," Kylo said as he put on his robes, "I promise."

"I still want to go with you," you half whined as you watched him reaching for his helmet.

He seemed mildly amused by your words, "Now that I won't allow," he said almost instantly. He put his helmet back down again and moved closer to softly peck your cheek, "It'll be dangerous and you're too important to me. I won't risk any harm coming to you."

You frowned, "Well if it's too dangerous then why are you even going?"

Kylo saw that your eyes were welling up and he slowly reached out to you, his thumb stroking the side of your face soothingly.

"Because I'm the Commander, Y/N. My absence would offend the dignitaries I am to meet with... To strengthen the First Order, we need to make new alliances, and the Supreme Leader thinks it's best for me to do that in person," he explained, "Even if it means risking my life."

"You don't see Snoke going on these little diplomatic missions," you huffed, crossing your arms.

"Saying things like that will get you in to trouble one day," Kylo said lightly. In truth, he found your temper endearing.

"Well I don't like the idea of you having to risk your life every time Snoke wants you to secure an alliance. "

"I can handle myself, Y/N."

"I know you can, Kylo. And I trust you completely. It's the people you're going to meet with I don't like the sound of. There's too much uncertainty– what if they harm you? Or it's some sort of a trap?"

"Well, by the time they've gotten through the twenty Storm Troopers accompanying me on the mission, I'll be on the Command Shuttle and halfway back home," he told you. You could tell he was only saying it to comfort you.

"I just... I get scared when you leave for these things, Kylo."

"I know, my love. I know," Kylo said, running his fingers through your hair, "It'll only take a week, I really do promise."

You sighed, nodding your head, "Okay fine.. But if you die on this mission, I'm going to kill you."

Kylo chuckled at that, wrapping and arm around your waist before pressing his lips to yours you, "No dying. I'll have to remember that one."