Chapter 15- McClam's

His Fake Girlfriend        

Chapter 15- McClam’s

It turned out to be a long day. Bringing my younger siblings to the mall turned out to be longer than I ever expected. I’m one of those guys that likes to go in, get what he wants, and get out. My siblings aren’t the same way I guess. They dilly dallied all throughout the mall, going to that store and this. They went into stores and sometimes they came out with nothing! Talk about a waste of time.

Sky decided to cook for my family since my mom was at work still. Everyone helped out. Josh peeled the carrots and cut up broccoli, Sky cut the meat, Julia actually put her hands in the bowl of raw beef and teriyaki sauce and mixed everything, and I learned how to make rice.

I was fun cooking with my siblings and Sky. We danced to music, we sang in each other’s face. I started the rat tail whipping war. It was all fun and games until Sky threw a carrot at me after whacking her ass.

“You’re so perverted.” She mumbled, brushing the strands of hair in her face as she scolds me.

“You’re so sassy.” I tell her, giving her a hug from behind tightly.

“I have a knife in my hand.” She warns.

“Nice to know.” I chuckle kissing her cheek.

“I saw this picture once that said ‘Men say the women’s place is the kitchen. Well just remember that’s where all the knives are.’“ Julia said laughing. I rolled my eyes as her and Sky chuckled.

“Jer, I think you’re burning the rice?” Sky tells me nodding towards the pot of rice on the stove. I growl in frustration moving to the stove, “Put more water.” She orders. I do as she says and put a cup of water in the pot.

“When does Jill usual come home?” I ask, looking over to Julia.

“She looks over to the stove clock and purses her lips, “Soon.” She tells me, “Oh, and can you stir the meat for me.” As I turned to the pan I heard an aw sound from a different feminine voice.

“Well, doesn’t this look adorable. You two trying to play house?” Jill chuckled from the doorway that she was leaning on.

“I don’t think you have the right to tease like that when I’m the one making food for your stomach tonight.” I chuckle moving to the side for Sky to get to the stove, “Well, mostly Sky. She knows how to cook.” I correct shrugging my shoulders.

“What’s for dinner?” Jill asks putting her bag down while tussling Josh’s hair as she passes him. Which reminded me, Jill and I needed to have a talk tonight.

“Beef stir fry.” Sky replies dumping the carrots and broccoli in the pan with the almost cooked meat. “Jer is making the rice. Don’t know how good that’s going to taste.” She jokes bumping her hip with mine as she stirs the pan and hands off the dirty empty bowl to me.

“You’re giving Jer something to cook? Don’t know if that was a good idea.” Jill responds, crossing her arms and shaking her head.

“Hey, this is going to be the best rice you’ve ever tasted.” I said seriously.

“Yeah, best burnt rice we’ve every taste.” Josh corrects in a mumble as he sits on the island with his iPod.

Sky snickers at his comment but presses her lips together so she wouldn’t laugh. “It’s going to be good.” She says, trying to make me feel better. “Someone should set the table so when your mom comes home food will be all set.” She suggests looking over her shoulder to Julia.