Chapter 24

*James Pov*

"It is better if you stay back for today." I said, looking at her tired face while she is trying to get ready before the mirror.

"And who will do the work? I need to finish the last touches before meeting the models and get the fabric stitched." She mumbled in a weak tone before letting out a cough.

"They will not get hurt if you stay back for a day." I said wearing my coat.

"So what? I should stay here all alone not doing anything? Thank you! But I would prefer to be with people when I feel ill." She said, standing up, but held the chair making me reach her in the next second.

"You will be sitting here while I go and get your food. Then you will stay back without going anywhere." I ordered making her sit on the bed before leaving the house ignoring her protest.

"She is not feeling well? I will be with her." Maha said, standing up, but I shook my head.

"It's okay! There is no need for that and I am sure if you are with her then she would make you to let her go to work." I said and she frowned, but arranged the breakfast for us while I glanced at the staircase to see Nakul climbing down the stairs whistling a happy tune.

"Maybe we both can stay with her while Nakul will leave for his work." I said the moment he reached near us.

"Sure!" she said after glancing at Nakul.

"What is it?" he asked frowning.

"Di is not feeling well, so we both are deciding to stay with her together while you go to work." She replied in a serious tone and he fumed at me.

I raised my eyebrow, seeing his behavior. Fuming is for me, but not for her? I shook my head and glanced at Maha to see her trying to stop the smile.

"Maybe we can play something when she will be sleeping to not get bored." I said and her eyes widened but his anger is only at me but not an inch towards her.

"I didn't give her leave permission and she is not staying back." He stated and sat down while she passed the tray.

"I will drop you both." I said, stepping back and Maha frowned at me.

"No need for that. Either someone will drive or Nakul can drive us." Maha said and he stiffened along with me.

"No! I will be driving and Nakul will not. In the evening someone else can drive, but not in the morning. I don't want to disturb their everyday duties." I said in a clipped tone before leaving the house frowning, but didn't miss the Maha's frozen form when observing our both reactions.

"Where were you?" Swathi asked when I reached near to her.

"And you could have cooked, right? Instead of going there." She added and I shook my head.

"She must have already done this and I didn't want them to worry about our absence. Now, eat this." I replied and she did along with me in silence.

"Will you stay back? Are you going to cook lunch for me?" she asked finishing the food.

"I am going along with them." I replied and she immediately frowned.

"That means I will be here alone? I am going to work." She said moving to get up, but I held her wrist.

"Stay! Do as I say at least for today." I said getting up.

"Why should I do anything like you say any day?" she asked back and coughed with the way she is riling herself up.