Sentient Darkness

Lucius's eyes widened that the man would recognize him after so many years. That had not been something he had planned on. He had assumed that he would've had to remind Finneus who he was. Lucius wasn't sure if he liked this or not.

            Harry and Draco shared a shocked look. Interesting. They wondered why Finneus would've remembered Lucius. They had only met the one time, right? And Lucius had been a child at the time, what was it about him that would make Finneus remember? Harry was a little annoyed that Finneus hadn't taken his eyes off of Lucius, the man wasn't even aware that there were other people in the room.

            "Finneus Flamel." Lucius countered. He took great pride in the way Finneus's eyes widened. Good. Whatever the man had hoped to gain by his announcement was thwarted. Power games was not something that Lucius had the patience to mess with. Finneus would know soon enough that he was at their mercy and that he was not getting out of this alive.

            To say that Finneus was surprised would be an understatement. He had been hoping to throw Lucius off by knowing his name. He figured that he could make Lucius wonder who he was. He had doubted that the man would remember him, Lucius had only been a child when he went the Manor. Had he made that much of an impression? Abraxas was supposed to have taken care of Lucius's memory.

            "How is it that you know who I am?" Finneus wondered. Even if he had remembered him from the Manor there was no way that Lucius would know that he was a Flamel. Abraxas hadn't even known that. So who was Lucius talking to that would have known who he was? He had an uneasy feeling growing inside of him. Had his parents done something? He could honestly see his mother give his information out.

            "Because I know who you are." Harry said gaining Finneus's attention. He narrowed his eyes when the man looked to him. Those creepy brown eyes were what nightmares were made of. He was not looking forward to this conversation. Part of him wished that he hadn't even come across Finneus but he knew that this was an important step in trying to find out how to deal with the darkness.

            Finneus licked his lips as he stared at the entire reason he was in this mess. The man with the power. He was so close to the power that he could almost taste it. The smell of the power permeated the entire room and it was enough to get his blood pumping. He was annoyed that he hadn't realized this as soon as he woke up but to be fair, it wasn't every day that you see a pair of eyes that you recognize, ones that got away from him.

            "How is that you know who I am when no one else does?" Finneus demanded. Power and knowledge? That just didn't sound fair. Finneus hadn't told a soul in his entire existence who he really was. He knew the dangers of admitting that, he knew that people would be curious and that could lead to something worse. Silence was the key to living such a long life. When no one knows who you are then they won't bother you. There is no way that some stranger he never even met before today, knew who he was.

            Harry raised his hand and their glamour charms fell off. Draco grabbed hold of Harry's hand to keep himself grounded. He felt exposed. He knew that Finneus would have no idea who he was but he still felt like he was on display. Draco felt better when Harry squeezed his hand in reply to the emotions he knew were being broadcasted.

            Finneus made a surprised noise in the back of his throat as he blinked rapidly. His mind was whirling in a thousand different directions. This man before him was a ghost of his past. A ghost that shouldn't be alive. There was no way that Ethan survived. They checked his dead body. He took his bloody eyes for crying out loud. This... was impossible. He forced himself to calm down and to think rationally. Ethan had died, no doubt about that. So then this must be a descendant. He was having a hard time buying that as well because of the eyes. They were the exact shade of eyes Ethan had. When it comes to descendants, eyes may look the same but they aren't. There are shades and hues that can be minutely different. Eyes were his specialty and he could spot a million different ways to tell apart familial eyes.