[10]

Jackson:

I actually wasn't someone who got sceptical fast but during the last time I had the feeling that something was up which everyone around me knew about. Well, except of myself, of course.

It had started with Namjoon acting different around me after he had talked to the nerd. Who knew what that idiot told him? My friend kept on telling me it was nothing important but I didn't believe him.

He had told me to stop bullying Mark right the day after they had talked. Namjoon had never liked the way I acted sometimes but why did he care about this little nerd so much? Were they a thing?

Surprisingly, Mark hadn't told a teacher or the headmaster about the incident between us and therefore there hadn't been any consequences for me although I had already expected him to tell everyone.

But he had casually come to school the next day, like nothing had happened. Only the big white plaster on his nose said otherwise. In class, he had told the teacher, he had fallen down the stairs.

I really wondered why he had lied for me. From his point of view, I had to deserve the worst but instead he kind of protected me from getting suspended or something worse. Why did he do that?

Ok, I had to admit that I never wanted to break his nose. I had been angry that day and Mark was there in a bad moment. It wasn't the first time I had hurt him but I never meant to break him anything.

Right now, I was sitting in the library of our school and acted as if I was reading something. Namjoon and Mark were talking some feet away from me and again, I wondered what was up between them.

The elder had come up some minutes ago, whispered something in my friend's ear and then they had walked away a bit to make sure I wouldn't hear anything they talked about. What could be so important?

The taller sighed heavily and looked down at Mark who seemed to be about to cry. He then gave him his bag of cookies which made the nerd smile in just a second. The boy said something and left with the food.

Now, I was fully confused. Namjoon adored the cookies by his grandma and when he got some, he only gave me one or two because he only got them rarely. And now he gave them all away to Mark?

Namjoon came back to our table and sat down. "I'm sorry." He smiled and took his book out again. "I know you very good, Namjoon. So, what is up between you and the nerd? Why did you give him your cookies?" I asked, ignoring his apology.

My friend seemed to think about what he should tell me and I really hoped he wouldn't come up with a lie. "Well, let's say he needed them." He then answered, confusing me even more. Mark needed them? For what?

"Why should Mark need your cookies?" I asked, waiting for more details. "He... he... needs them for his health." My friend stuttered. For his health? Was Mark a diabetic? But why had no one noticed before?

"You're hiding something, Namjoon. Tell me what it is." I said and looked directly into his eyes. He seemed a bit nervous but tried to hide it. "It's not my task to tell you." He said lastly and got up to leave the library.

Not his task? That sounded like it was Mark's task to tell me whatever they were hiding from me. Well then, I guess I had to find the nerd and ask him what was up between him and my friend.

I took my belongings and left the library. Mark was most likely somewhere outside and ate Namjoon's cookies. I really hoped he would tell me something and not run away right when he saw me.

I hadn't talked to him since the day I had punched him which was about a week ago. It had been the best to stay away from him. I didn't want him to change his mind and tell the teacher's about the incident between us.

I left the building and spotted a brown-haired male figure sitting under a tree. As expected he was eating the cookies. It really looked like he hadn't eaten for days. Those cookies must taste amazing.

He looked up when I walked over to him but didn't move or say anything. The boy only looked at me with innocent dark eyes and held the bag close to his body as if I was about to steal his food.

"Can I ask you a question?" I started completely serious and he nodded while he put the cookies in his back and got up to face me. He seemed a bit afraid now. "What are Namjoon and you hiding from me?"

Hello friends and happy Chuseok!

I really hope you like this chapter and enjoyed reading.

Now some self-promo: I've opened a kpop trading account for photocards and other things. If you're interested in trading or selling/buying pcs and other things, you could check @/yootrades on instagram :)

I hope you're excited for the next chapter!

Thank you for reading 💗