Getting Back Up

Hey everyone.

60,000 reads!!!! Like WOW!

It is my birthday today as well. (March 12th if you read this later).

So I thought I would treat you to this.

I remember saying ages ago that I only had a few chapters left but I have added at least four extra so we will see when this finishes.

Thank you again.

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Enjoy,

Chloe x

Fact Eleven: I am a bit of a Space and the Universe Nerd. I love all of this astronomy thing. I find it so interesting, it is amazing to learn and read about.

Chapter 37

                Jen’s POV

                I looked into Xander’s eyes and once again I finally felt complete. His face was covered in shock but I soon saw his dazzling smile stretch across his face. I sat up and didn’t say another word. I just looked at Xander and smiled. I felt a tear of happiness run down my cheek. He cupped my face between his hands as the tingles erupted through my body making me shiver in delight.

                His thumbs ran back and forth across my cheek ever so delicately just caressing my face softly. I could see his eyes fill with tears. It broke my heart. I had tried to do the right thing but it hurt him. Any option would have hurt him but I thought by me running it would be the best for everyone. I guess it wasn’t.

                “I am so sorry, Xander. I had to do what was right. I wasn’t going to let myself be executed and then you die in the process. I wasn’t going to let the pack fight a war on my behalf. This was the only way I saw how. I am sorry. I did this because I love you. Please understand that,” I begged, as more tears rolled down my cheeks.

                I looked into Xander’s hazel eyes trying to understand his emotions. I couldn’t make them out. His eyes were swirling with so many intense emotions and it was all because of me. I looked down in shame. I had hurt my mate in the process of trying to save him and his pack. He remained silent and that was what scared me the most. He wasn’t speaking to me.

                I had I hurt him so bad that he hated me. Had I broke him? This was all my fault. I was trying so hard to protect the ones that I loved and now they hated me. Xander hated me, didn’t he? I felt like breaking down. The tears began to flow freely.

                I felt Xander tip my chin up so I was now looking at him. His eyes were full of tears and hurt. He then did something totally unexpected. He crashed his lips against mine. I was shocked at first and it took me a second to respond. I wrapped my arms around Xander’s neck and tangled my fingers in his hair, pulling him as close to me as possible.

                I needed him to be as close to me as possible. I craved it. It made me feel so happy and so complete. This is what I really needed. Xander right next to me and in my arms was the cure to all of my problems. I deserved happiness. I was going to fight for that. Xander was willing to fight and so was I. I wasn’t going to let anything happen to us. I would fight for us to my last dying breath.