Chapter 5

Lexia P.O.V.

There was a chatter that filled the room. Alphas and Betas all talking to each other. Alphas talking to each other. The whole lot of it. Currently, we were all sitting in the dining room on the dining table which could hold about 400 people. I was sitting at the head of the table and at the other end sat Alpha Xander. Next to me on the right sat Elizabeth, my Beta. And on my left, my Delta, Zacharian. Normally, my Gamma would sit next to me but since he was no more my Delta sat in his place. The room warmed up, the heaters on full power. Since we were in the Himalayas the cold was unbearable. You needed heaters everywhere, otherwise you could die of the cold. And yes, that is possible.

'Alpha Lexia, I am very sorry that I judged you even though I didn't know you. It's just that the rumours sounded very truthful to me, if that makes sense.', Alpha Xander addressed me when I was walking up to the dining hall. 'I didn't pay much heed to whatever you said over there. And I don't mind, it has happened to me so frequently that I can almost guess what the other person is going to say to me. So, if you feel embarrassed about that then please know that it is nothing to be embarrassed about. Why, even Alpha Johnathan had done it just a few hours ago. So don't sweat it Alpha Xander.', I told him. He must have looked as if I had accused him of a crime which he had not even committed and said,' It's not that I am embarrassed. I'm genuinely sorry. And I want to apologise for all of that.' 'If you were thinking that way, then I am sorry for assuming something else. Your apology is accepted. My Beta is waiting for me at the table so I need to go. Please excuse me, Alpha Xander.', I told him, when I heard Elizabeth telling me to come fast.

When all of the guests were seated and all of the chatter had disappeared, I stood from my seat and addressed the crowd. 'Dear fellow Alphas and Betas, I am extremely honoured to be in your presence. I still remember the time Alpha Xander had called me telling me about this plan, as I like to call it. At first, I was extremely surprised yet horrified about the fact that so many Alphas were to be situated at my base. Then when I became familiar with this plan, though the number of the people coming here was still hard to believe, I immediately started the preparations for this huge thing that was going to take place. Now that my speech is finished you can start dining. Enjoy!', with that I ended my speech and sat down. Food was brought to the table. To name some of them, there was rabbit meat, some fried chicken (Cause why not?), and some more. Soon enough, the whole table was filled with food of all kinds. Somewhat like the tables in the dining hall in the movie Harry Potter. But this table was way longer than those tables.

After a few hours,

God am I full! I feel as if my stomach is going to burst releasing all of the food stuffed inside. No, wait. That sounds so wrong and disgusting. God, why did I even think about that? Now, thinking about that makes me want to puke.

I got up from my chair and told Elizabeth that I was extremely tired and felt a little bit sick and that I was heading to my room. After that, I left the dining hall feeling extremely tired. I was just heading up to my room, when I felt my wolf stir inside. She felt happy and good. Basically, she felt all the good feelings that one can have. This was extremely unusual for her. Normally, my wolf feels like she wants to kill anyone that insults or talks bad of us. She had never felt this happy ever. So, this must mean something had happened to make her feel this way. But, I didn't dwell too much on the fact and went on my way.

After some time I heard someone's footsteps coming in my direction. Immediately, I put my guard up. 'Who's there? Reveal yourself!', I said to the person and turned around. 'Whoa! Alpha Lexia, it's just me. No need to hurt me.', the person said. I recognized the voice to be Alpha Xander. I put my guard down and asked him,' What are you doing here, Alpha? Aren't you going to return to your room? It's extremely late.' He replied,' I am heading to my room. It's on this floor. I just happened to see you, so I thought I could walk with you till we reached our respective rooms. Is that too much to ask for?'. I didn't expect that answer from him. But then again I am in no position to judge him that easily. I replied,' Oh no. I thought you were headed in the wrong direction. I have no problem with you walking next to me. Come on, let's go.'

He fell into step with me after I said that. Suddenly, I smelled a smell that was extremely strong and felt attractive if that makes sense. It smelled like how the earth smells after heavy rains. It was a very good smell. Then I felt my wolf stir up again and this time it started to prance inside my mind, its mouth stretched into a smile. I was about to ask her what was going on when someone pushed me against the wall. At this, my wolf immediately took over. I looked up (Through my wolf's eyes) and saw Xander. His green eyes looked bright and I could make out some specks of gold in them as well. Suddenly, his eyes turned dark and he leaned forward and put his nose in my neck and smelled me.No one had ever come this close to me.  I was frightened and scared of what he was going to do now.

And then he said something that wouldn't forget ever again, the only words that enough to send a shiver of good feelings and fear right down my spine. He said,' Mate.'

Author's note:

Hey guys! I have finally updated and I feel so good right now. I'm using my Dad's laptop and listening to songs when I am supposed to be playing downstairs. I know, I am one of a kind. I'm just kidding. Anyways, in Mumbai nowadays it's extremely hot. Like even with the fan on it's like extremely hot. Oh my god, I'm dying over here. From the heat of course.

The May month is almost over and my school's starting soon. *whines* I don't wanna go to school. SOMEONE SAVE ME!!!!! :((

So, Imma go down to play now otherwise my Dad's gonna kill me and my blood will soon color the floor red. I'm kidding of course, I love my Dad. He won't ever do that. Sorry, for my horrible sense of jokes here. I'm not the best at making jokes so, I guess you'll just have to bear with it. So, (the usual) PLEASE VOTE, CLICK THAT STAR BUTTON IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER. PLEASE COMMENT AND HELP ME MAKE MY LIFE MORE INTERESTING!! AND PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR DEAR FRIENDS IF YOU WANT TO! BYE-BYE!!!!!!!!*tries to wave elegantly but her hand betrays her and it looks very disgusting*