95: Anything For You

Marriage Dale

"Lea, will you accept this ring?"

"You are aware that's just a rope, right?"

"It's a ring."

"...........I refuse."

"Nooooooooo!! How could you reject my love for you...."

"Are you serious?"

".....O-O-o-o-ofc- ofcourse!!!"

"Why are you running away?"

"I-I'll j-just go... p-prepare for d-dinner..."

"Dinner's right here..."

"....R-restroom!"

"Shall I stand guard for you?"

"....N-no... need."

"For your safety, Bright."

"......I-I'll just stay here....."

"That is not very sanitary...."

"N-NO! What I mean is... I'll just not go..."

Then a burst of laughter surged through the night. Lea couldn't hold her expressionless face any longer at Bright's silly willy.

Glancing at their direction, Victor bore his lethargic aquamarine eyes. 'You are having fun.' He thought to Lea.

["I just found out recently this can be fun..."]

'Is it because you can read his reactions more than before?'

["I think so."]

She revealed an amused smile that Victor could only feel worried about.

In another corner, Sabrina was observing Lea intently like there was no tomorrow. Ashe by her side could only sigh at his mother's efforts to be on guard. He spent quite a long time travelling with Lea, and if there was anything to worry about, it was their goals.

"Meow... Lea, I'm not growing....."

"Are you properly absorbing as much essences as you can?"

"Meow-yea"

"Then focus them towards your whole body. Just think deeply of how much you want to grow."

"Meow! Stop that evil smirk. You find me foolish don't you-meow?!!"

"No. You look soft...."

"..............." Without another word, Imhe had escaped from Lea's sight. She felt incredibly threatened. She had thought it was fine to approach Lea now as she was distracted by Bright and Victor, but every gaze sent shivers on her spine.

Lea felt lonesome at Imhe's departure.

"Sad again, are you? Come on, Lea. Look up!"

Bright's voice woke up Lea's musing, and dutifully raised her head to look up, only to discover.... There were spider cobwebs.

"You serious?"

"Hm? Wh--- OHHHHHH!!"

Contrary to expectations, Bright appeared excited. "I haven't seen such thick cobwebs in my life! Great find!"

"Want to keep some?"

"No... They are better left alone. I bet the spider who made it worked hard to complete it."

"......" His words caused Lea to muse over what kind of person Bright truly was.

At times, he was silly. And at times, he had more thoughtfulness in him than any other people she had met. With a nod, she smiled.