Scared To Death

After the incident at the Villa, everybody returned to Dragneel Compound. They all decided to stay there for the rest of the night.

Jellal, Rakheid, and the others were at the family lounge. They had been tending to those who got minor wounds. Some were still talking about what happened.

While they were gathered there, Natsu and Lucy were at the other living room.

He didn’t want Lucy to feel too crowded.

.

.

Mirajane entered the room, an ice pack and a glass of water in her hands.

She went to Lucy who was sitting on the white round couch, still crying silently.

Laxus and Erza were there as well, both talking to Natsu in one corner.

“Were the bodies disposed of properly?” Natsu spoke, his arms crossed.

He had removed his suit jacket and was only on his black shirt on.  

“Don’t worry about it. It’s all been taken care of.” Laxus answered.

“This is going to hurt a little ok, Lucy?”

Mirajane’s voice made the three of them look at the blond as an icepack was being pressed on her knees. She was holding back a cry.

Natsu turned to walk towards them.

“I’ll take it from here, Mira.” He said as he knelt in front of Lucy.

Mirajane who understood him stood up and let him take over. She moved to the side with Erza and Laxus.

Natsu carefully positioned the icepack, trying not to hurt Lucy. But before it could touch her scratched skin, she slapped him on the face.

He stopped and just stared at her.

“Woah,” Laxus silently reacted.

“Leave us.” Natsu said sternly.

Without any complaint, the three of them immediately rushed out.

As soon as the door closed, another slap landed on Natsu’s face again.

He didn’t complain, he let her slap him as many times as she wanted.

“You idiot!” Lucy shouted as she gave him yet another slap.

“SELFISH IDIOT!” her tears now fell freely like rain.

“How could you?!” and slap again.

“You scared me to death!” she covered her face with her palms as she cried harder, “What were you thinking?”

Natsu was staring at her the whole time.

“Lucy-“

She slapped him again.

“You were planning to die in front of me!” she looked at him with heartbroken eyes, “If you died…if you died…”

She couldn’t finish it.

Another slap hit his face. He didn’t know how many times it had already been. Nobody was counting.

“How could you be so reckless?” her voice was quiet as she looked at him.

Natsu stared at her before finally talking.

“Are you finished?”

When Lucy heard this, she slapped him again. Twice.

She was about to do it again when he stopped her arm from doing any more.

“What else was I supposed to do?” Natsu’s voice showed a little anger, “Let you die?”

“And you think if you died instead, I would be happy?!” she sobbed.

“There was nothing else I could think of!” he started to raise his voice, “I didn’t want to lose you!”

“Even if you ‘saved’ me by getting yourself killed, I would never live after that!” Lucy shouted, “I would kill myself!”

Natsu grabbed the sides of her head and touched her forehead with his. He realized Lucy shouldn’t be getting mad over things. it was bad for her and the child.

“No baby, Nobody’s killing nobody,” he said gently to calm her down, “Now shhh.”

“Oh if you died, don’t get me wrong, I will KILL myself!”

“No. Stop it. Calm down.” He started to embrace her, rubbing her back.

She stopped shouting and cried in his embrace.

“Shhh…” he continued.

After a few minutes, Lucy stopped crying.

She fell asleep to be exact. Afterall, she just survived another attempt on her life.