MUSICAL #12: MY FAIR LADY

12: WHY DO THEY KEEP TALKING ABOUT RAIN IN SPAIN? DOES IT EVEN RAIN IN SPAIN?

« walk? not bloody likely. i'm going in a taxi. »

15.12, Toby Martin: aw cmon, please??

15.12, Toby Martin: you'll like this one, I PROMISE

ALLISON GLANCES at the teacher at the front of the classroom, who looks more bored than most of his students, and quickly begins to type out a response.

15.14, Allison Reed: That's what you say every time.

15.15, Toby Martin: has to be true for one of them

15.16, Allison Reed: You say that every time too.

15.16, Allison Reed: Don't you have a class to be paying attention to?

Toby seems to take this as a dismissal of some sort (which it kind of was), because he doesn't respond. Only a few minutes later, however, her phone vibrates again in her hand, and she rolls her eyes. But a quick glance shows that the text isn't from Toby.

15.25, Lydia Huntington: Who're you texting?

15.27, Allison Reed: I was texting Toby. Not that it's not any of your business.

15.28, Lydia Huntington: ;)

Allison rolls her eyes and doesn't even bother responding, choosing instead to change the subject.

15.29, Allison Reed: When are you next seeing Emmett?

15.30, Lydia Huntington: We'll probably meet up about the project tomorrow. Why?

15.31, Allison Reed: Just

15.31, Allison Reed: Be nice?

15.31, Lydia Huntington: What's that supposed to mean?

The bell rings, signalling the end of the day, and Allison packs her things into her bag quickly before going to Lydia's desk.

"It means," Allison says out loud, but making sure to keep her voice down low, "be nice. Emmett isn't as insensitive to your sarcastic comments about his dress sense as he makes out, okay?"

 Lydia opens her mouth as if to say something, but Allison catches her eyes softening and gives her a tiny nod. Lydia closes it again.

"You're not a bitch," Allison whispers to her, their noses almost touching. "Don't let him think you are. Okay?"

"Okay," she murmurs in response. Allison pulls back slightly with a grin.

"Good," she says. "I'm still sleeping over tonight, right?"

"Well, obviously," Lydia rolls her eyes. "We were literally just talking about it at lunch."

"I was just checking," Allison defends with a soft smile. "Although I'll probably be a bit late," she rolls her eyes. "Toby wants to watch another musical."

"Oh, please, don't let me stop you," Lydia snorts as they both exit the classroom. "Be as late as you like. I wouldn't dare stand in the way of something as beautiful as musical theatre. It sounds like the perfect way to spend your Monday afternoon."