SIX

OCTAVIA RAN INTO the common room at full speed, paying no mind to her surrounding or the students around her.

"Hermione!" Octavia babbled, running over to the girl who was sitting by the fire.

Hermione popped her head up from her book with a curious glance.

"You'll never believe what just happened." The brunette breathed.

"What?"

"Something about a ball—" Octavia hinted, still in a daze.

"What happened?" Hermione immediately became more alert and her eyes widened, "Did Harry-"

"Cedric asked me to the ball!" Octavia couldn't hold it in any longer as the words came falling out of her mouth, "Wait, what were you gonna say about Harry?" Octavia raised an eyebrow.

"Oh nothing never mind. That's amazing!" Hermione lied through her teeth, giving her a smile.

"I know!"

Octavia heard a small creak as she was with Hermione chanting 'Cedric asked me to the ball!'. Then as Hermione turned to see who is was her face immediately fell, and she took a step back from the dancing brunette.

"So that's why you skipped detention." Harry said with a large frown apparent on his face."

"Oh yeah, I'll just make it up some other time." Octavia shrugged, thinking the littlest of the situation.

"Yeah." He walked straight up to his room without a second glance and scowl growing as did so.

"Why does he have a wand stuck up his arse?" Octavia grumbled rolling her eyes and crossing her arms.

"Um I don't know" Hermione shrugged with a frown, but her eyes continued to look to the boys dorm where Harry had just disappeared.

||

"We have to what?!?" Octavia spit out her drink into a napkin. She wasn't sure how her morning could have gotten worse after hearing this news.

"Dance," Cedric nodded with a hesitant expression,"For the the beginning of the Yule ball."

"The whole school will be there!"

"Yep."

"Fantastic."

"Good thing I've got a cute date" Cedric consoled flirtatiously.

"Damn straight." Octavia blushed while hitting her lip.

"Don't you think you should go back to the Hufflepuff table Cedric?" Harry cut in, slightly more aggressive than intended.

"Oh yeah, I best be off." The sandy haired boy smiled, shooting Octavia a wink as he walked off.

Octavia quickly slapped Harry's arm as soon as he was out of ear shot, "What was that about?"

"What?" Harry said innocently, not looking up from his toast.

"Kicking Cedric out!"