When You Notice He's Missing

Kai
It's been awhile since Kai had left for town. It is beginning to grow dark, and even though you know Kai can take care of himself, you are still worried about him. You decide to call him.

"Hello?"

"Oh my gosh Kai! I was so worr–"

"Hello?"

"I'm right here!"

"Just kidding! This is my voicemail! You know the drill!"

"FREAKING VOICEMAIL!" You yell as you hang up the phone.

"What's wrong (Y/N)?" Lloyd asks walking by your room.

"Kai's not back yet, and I'm worried about him! I've tried calling him, but it went to voicemail!" You say as the nerves start building inside of you.

"Come on (Y/N), let's go see where his tracker says he is." Lloyd says as he leads you to the main computer.

"Why does he have a tracker?" You say as Lloyd brings up the screen.

"Sensei thought it would be wise with the way we get." Lloyd says as he finally pinpoints Kai's location.

"Let's go!" You say rushing out the door not waiting.

You finally get to the spot and see Kai's phone lying on the ground. You pick it up and hit the home button. You gasp at what you see.

"What is it?" Lloyd asks finally catching up to you.

You show him the words We got him! across the screen, with a picture of an unconscious Kai in the background.

"No! This can't be happening!" You say as the tears start to stream down your face.

"Don't worry! We'll find him, and get him back!" Lloyd says bringing you into a tight embrace and comforting you.

Jay
Jay had messaged you earlier saying to stop by the junkyard after school let out. As you walk to the junkyard, you noticed you didn't get any texts from Jay while you were at lunch.

"That's weird. Maybe something came up." You say to yourself as you shoot him a quick text.

You decide to call out to the junkyard before you walk all the way out there for nothing. It rings twice before Edna finally picks up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Edna, this is-"

"Oh, hi (Y/N)! How are you?"

"I'm fine but-"

"That's good."

"Gotta quick question."

"What is it deary?"

"Is Jay still out there at the junkyard?"

"No, I believe he left some time ago. And out of the blue too." She says sounding puzzled.

"Thanks Edna!" You say and head towards the monastery.

As you walk to the monastery you worry about Jay, but you quickly push your thoughts away, thinking you're overreacting. When you get to the monastery, Jay isn't there either, but everyone else is.

'Maybe he's in his room or the workshop.' You think as you make your way over.

He's not in the workshop, and he's not in his room either. Your heart starts to sink, and worry enters your gut again. Your last hope is that one of the guys have heard from him.

"Hey guys, have you seen Jay?"

"Isn't he at his parents place?" Cole asks

"He was, but he's not there anymore." You say