Chapter 8: Yule Ball

(they are going to end up wearing the things in the cover art.)

Draco attempting to be more dependent decided not to ask his father for help with obtaining dress up clothing for the Yule Ball. Instead he actually asked Mister Weasley if he knew of a place where he could buy or rent his own suit. Mister Weasley suggested Diagon Ally to see Madam Malkin because they provide suits and robes for ANY occasion. So he does go to Diagon Ally to see Madam Malkin with professor Snape who was 'secretly' also going to get a suit made for the dance as well. Snape is just dressing up fancy but didn't actually ask anybody.

Jade is thinking about what she'd like to wear and finds a spell in an old text book which would allow her to create clothing from practically nothing. She uses this to make Harry a simple black suit while she also creates her dress. Making the dress takes longer due to details so she's adding the finishes touches just before the dance begins.

Crabbe and Goyal can be seen in the back ground trying on ties, but they can't seem to agree on which ones they like the most. Harry was just amazed they had managed to find dates to the gathering as he was sure neither of them had planned to go.

"I'm not saying you should leave Hogwarts Jade, but you know, you are very talented." Harry says looking over the suit she made for him. "do you have a wizard career in mind?"

"I don't know." Jade replies as she guides her wand around the fabric. "maybe a professor."

"I think I want to be an Auror." Harry replies. "it just kinda seems like something I'm made for."

"well I hope you get in." Jade smiles a little. "I heard it's very hard to get into the training program."

"well that's true." Harry nods. "but if I did that'd only prove how much I worked to earn it."

"that's true." Jade nods.

Draco returns with a bag and smirks. "what are you two doing back there?" he directs his question towards Crabbe and Goyal.

"trying on ties." Goyal replies.

"I can't seem to find one I like." Crabbe huffs.

They both look at the pile of ties lying next to each of them.

"why did you buy so many ties?" Draco questions.

"couldn't pick just one." Both Goyal and Crabbe reply.

"honestly you two..." Draco grabs a random tie from each pile and without looking shoves them into their hands. "how's that?"

Goyal and Crabbe look at the ties and shrug. "I like it but... I like your tie better." Crabbe says to Goyal.

"yeah I like your tie too. I think it goes better with my suit." Goyal nods.

"then switch ties!?" Draco grumbles and walks away. 'these two are driving me insane...'

Crabbe and Goyal switch ties and then satisfied they clip the ties on their suits and look at themselves in the mirror.

"you about done?" Draco questions looking at the dress. He can't tell what it's even supposed to be yet but he imagines it'll probably be fine once she's finished.

"almost." Jade nods. "you guys can head down without me. I'll catch up."

"it doesn't start for another hour or so but I should get there early and wait for Sed." Harry nods. "you coming Malfoy?"

"Nah I'll catch up." Draco replies while squeezing past Crabbe and Goyal to get in the mirror. "I'm not ready yet anyway."

"alright then I'll see you guys down stairs." Harry smiles a little and leaves to go find Sed.