Chapter 4: Fear Has Swept The City

Authors Note: sorry for the wait, so here's a long chapter. 2153 words to be exact.

     Every time I go out and try to save someone they whimper in fear and run away, I hate it, I lost their trust. I broke them, I broke this city. I almost killed Clark too. I sigh and drop my head on my desk.

" That bad?" I spin around in my chair to see Lena.
"Gosh you scared me."
"You scared me last night." She says sitting in the chair across my small little office.
"Yeah sorry about that." I smile sheepishly, pushing my glasses back up on my face.

"I'm here for you, you know you can talk to me about anything." Lena says with a concerned look in her eyes.

"I know, I just don't really want to talk about it just yet."
"I know how you feel. One moment your having fun, and the next your boyfriend turns into a villain."

"Oh, was there something you needed?"
"What I can't come check up on my friend at work?" She smiles, I love it when she smiles.
"No! I just thought you would be busy."
"Lucky for me there was only a couple of things to do."

"Others don't have it as easy as a CEO does."
"Really?" She laughs, shoot me now! What is wrong with me??
"Yeah, I have to write an article about what went on with Supergirl without sounding biased."

"That does sound pretty difficult."
"You have no idea!"
"Sounds like you need a break."
"Desperately!"

     For lunch we go to Noonans, both of us getting our usual meal. Our conversations consist of talking about L-Corp, musicals, and puppies. After we finish eating we part ways and go back to work.

     I walk into my office to find Cat sitting on my desk reading a crumpled piece of paper. "You know these aren't half bad."
"They're biased."

"Sometimes being a little biased is a good thing."

"Snapper doesn't think so."

"I heard about your boyfriend. Can I give you some advise." What Cat really means is that she's going to give it to me wether or not I want to hear it.
"Yeah."

"Good. If you want to be happy, you have to be happy on purpose. When you wake up, you can't just want to see what kind of day you'll have. You have to decide what kind of day you'll have."
"Than-"

"Shush, I'm not done. Just because the past didn't turn out like you wanted it to, doesn't mean your future can't be better. Obviously not every day is going to be a good day, but there's something good in every day."

"Thanks miss Grant. I needed that."
"Anytime Kira." She smiles
"I thought it was Kara now." I grin
"Well I'm back, so it's Kira. Get back to work."    
     I smile as she starts to walk away, but she turns around and walks back, "Oh and Kira, you can't even call those silly little glasses a disguise."

I stand there stunned at what she just said. Before I have time to say anything she's already in the elevator. Dang that woman moves fast!
     Before I can get back to work my phone starts ringing, "Yeah?"

"Are you okay? You sound kinda weird."
"Yeah, I'm fine." I'm still shocked. Does Cat know? She can't! I make sure no ones around when I change. I thought me and J'onn settled her suspicions.

"Hello? Earth to Kara!"
"Oh yeah sorry. What?"
"Get to the DEO right now."
"On my way." I say hanging up on Alex.

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex just informed me that Lillian got out again, and that she's more dangerous than ever. I go to tell Lena about her mom as Kara, so maybe I can get her to take the rest of the day off.