Part 42

i actually cried writing this ngl there were tears on my phone screen

Word count: 3272
________________________________

*6 months later*

"Can you believe we have an entire apartment to ourselves?" Sadie asked as she placed the last box of dishes down on the counter.

"We are such adults." I laughed. I was beyond ready to start brand new this year. We were also seniors; I couldn't even believe my time at Pittsburg State was coming to an end. I had one year left before it was all over and I moved on to the real world.

"I'm also so glad Connor is coming here for grad school." She said. "He's super excited and he keeps asking me if we know where the good parties are at."

"He's barking up the wrong tree then." I said. "I haven't been to a party since last October, and we all know how that went down."

She rolled her eyes as she put the plates in the cabinet. "We'll find one some way or another."

Sadie was getting better at helping me enjoy more of my college experience before I graduated. Even though it was my senior year and we had little time left, she still wanted to take me out to the bar, snag some drinks, hang out with her and Kate, and simply enjoy the social aspect of college along with the academic portion.

I still did modeling jobs here and there since Liam was now head of the Styles and Co. building. It wasn't much since I continued to put academics first, but magazines were slowly but surely wanting me back on the cover now that my relationship with Harry was near-nonexistent at this point.

I hadn't tried contacting him since his birthday, and he hadn't reached me either. I still felt that stinging pain in my heart because a piece of me was missing, but I didn't cover up my tattoo with something else and I never took off his ring. I couldn't bring myself to erase Harry completely from my life. I wanted to keep the necklace, but it was technically Harry's in the first place and I felt as if me taking it with me was wrong. I needed to leave it so he'd at least have the memory of me, as I do with him and the ring.

As September rolled around and my birthday approached, Sadie was adamant on making this the best twenty-second birthday anyone could've ever asked for. I always laughed at the ideas she had planned, and since I was feeling a little more adventurous this year, she kept suggesting strippers.

"Come on, Jill," she pleaded. "Right here in our own apartment. Male strippers everywhere."

"I'm good with a simple cake and a few friends." I said.

"Oh, come on," Connor said. "You're turning twenty-two. Live a little, Jill."

"Okay, I'll add a keg for beer and a few more friends, how about that?" I suggested, but Sadie was still not convinced. "Sade, you know I don't celebrate my birthday with an elaborate party."

"But this is your last birthday in college, who knows how you'll spend it next year?" She said. I sighed and looked at Connor, who nodded in agreement.

"Okay, fine. You can plan my party however you please. But seriously, Sadie, don't go overboard."

"Yes!" She cheered. "I promise I won't make it too crazy."

That was a total lie. The week before my birthday, I found out she had made a Facebook event and invited tons of people over to our small apartment. I went home to confront her about it, but she wasn't back from class yet, so I had to wait.

I pulled out my laptop and decided to check my tuition payment to see what I owed within the next few weeks. I also didn't want an elaborate party because I needed to save money to pay for school.