Silence

Kayla's P.o.v ( her in the picture above)

~

" Wake up Baby Girl, it's time to get ready for school", my Dad says as he loudly comes into my room. Even though I've been up all night staring into the darkness like almost every night, he doesn't know that. No one knows. I pull the cover from over my head and sit up. Nodding towards him, he leaves my bedroom and closes the door. I pull my covers to the side, stretch and walk over to my mirror. I stare at the mirror looking at my reflection. Curly and poofy black hair, clear chocolate skin, full lips, Asian like eyes. My eyes wander to the corner of my mirror and tears well in my eyes. I clutch my chest; It feels like my heart is being squeezed. My mom's picture. It's been almost 2 years since she's been gone and it hasn't gotten any better for me. She died of 4th stage breast cancer. The doctors said she might pull through but... after one week in hospice she passed away. I got the news when my uncle picked me up early from school the day that she passed. " Kay I'm so sorry, my uncle Brian said with tears in his eyes." What do you mean sorry"? " She didn't make it Kayla, she died this morning at 10:30". I don't remember everything that happened after my uncle said those words. But what I do remember is screaming and falling hard to ground. I haven't spoken a word since that day. I have no voice. I have no feeling. But today I feel a slight difference in myself; I shrug it off.
Wiping away my tears I turn to my closet pull out Nike sweat pants and a matching Nike shirt and sandals (Outfit below). I take my time and take a long, hot shower, brush my teeth and wash my face, and put my hair in a puff ball.

" Baby girl it's time to go, you'll have to eat at school I don't want you to be late", my Dad yells from downstairs

" Baby girl it's time to go, you'll have to eat at school I don't want you to be late", my Dad yells from downstairs. I grab my book bag and head downstairs and out to the car. The car ride is silent as usual on the way to the high school. As we pull into the parking lot of the school my dad starts to talk. " Kayla I want you to have a good first day as a senior, make some friends this school year, your mom would want you to enjoy school please just do it for her baby girl. I know it's been hard and you miss her... He sees my body tense up.I love you baby girl. " I lean in to hug him and kiss him on his cheek then I hop out of the car.

Hey you guys I'm a new writer but I have a vision on where this story is going to go. Please comment and tell me how you like the story so far. ❤️😊