Chapter Fifteen

Hajiya Turai's POV 😬

The clock goes Tick Tock Tick...like it's tormenting me.My two sons are running helter skelter preparing for their upcoming wedding and I still can't figure a plan on how I can stop Ahmad's.My life has been frustrated for a over a month no matter what I try,nothing seems to separate Ahmad and that wretched girl Safaa.

"Turai you should've told me not to come visit since you won't even acknowledge my presence" Karimah a friend of mine who came to visit complained.

"I am so sorry Karimah,something is bothering me that's why I'm distant,where were we?"

"I was talking about the Ashoebe and about the women that will go bring your daughter in laws,I will surely be among those going for Ahmad's"

"I still don't think I will allow that wedding Karimah"

"Subhanallah what are you saying Turai?"

"I know what am saying,I don't think Ahmad will get married so just plan for Salman's wedding" I spat.

"Hajiya Turai don't do anything to the  poor girl,that's the only advice I can give you as your close friend"

"Oh please don't preach me" I dismissed her grabbing my phone.

She left my house later leaving me to anxiously wait for my husband who might bring good news about how to stop Ahmadu's wedding.

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿

SAFAA'S POV.

Life has been good for the past few weeks and it's already two weeks before our wedding.Mama makes me go to Aisha's house where the lady who came from Borno for my gyaran jiki (skin treatment) stays because we don't have an extra room at home.

I usually go to Aisha's house as early as 11am and the treatment goes on for hours making me tired but beautiful.

One morning after helping my Mama with the house chores I received a call from an unknown number.When I picked up the call,I heard Moudu's voice so I hurriedly ended it,heeding to Yaya Ahmad's warning about him.

"Safaa why do you keep on rejecting the call?" My Mama asked taking my phone.

"Maa it's Moudu that's calling me and by Allah I don't know where he got my number"

"Tohh block the number as soon as possible" She said going back to her room.

I went after her to inform her that I will go for my daily gyaran jiki at Aisha's house.She warned me to be careful and make sure I return home on time.

On my way to Aisha's house,I met Hajja Dada carrying heaps of leather bags and she asked me to help her carry them to her house since it's close to Aisha's.

Hajja Dada is a contemptuous woman and she's the mother of the famous Moudu,but she's old and my Mama always tell me to respect whosoever is older than I am.

"No problem,I can help you" I said collecting some of the bags.

She kept asking me silly questions about my soon to be husband which I answered because I don't want to be mean.

"Thank you so much Safara'u" She said when we reached her house.

"Don't thank me please,I will go now,take care"

"No wait please,I have to reward you for this help,I have a freshly made fura come sit and have some" She offered.

"No Thank you" I kindly refused.