A New Face

Kayla's P.O.V ( Taylor in picture above)

~

School. Senior. Suffering. These are the only words I can think of as I walk reading my schedule to find my homeroom class. To make matters worse I've never been a people person . Every time I put my trust in someone, they show me why I'm better off alone. Around the time my mom passed I had a lot of fake love being thrown my way. People I didn't even know tried to console me. That's what I hate the most. I dont need or want to hear
" I'm sorry", from anyone. Because most times people don't mean what they say and I'd rather be by myself other than around people who don't mean me any good. Lost in my train of thought, I hear the first bell ring and dash to room 102. With seconds to spare I slide in and speed walk to the back of the class trying not to draw too much attention to myself. It doesn't work.
" There goes squeak y'all", David says loudly to the rest of the class. Everyone turns and starts laughing at me. I sink into my seat. All of a sudden I hear a loud voice. " Boy, you not even funny and I know you not talking! Im gone tell yo' dad you stole his Jordans again while you trying to talk about somebody!" Turning around, I see a girl I've never seen before. While everybody was laughing at David, the girl walked over to me.
" Thanks for getting on him for me", I whispered.
"Girl, no problem I've known that boy for too long and I just get tired of him always trying to talk about someone, by the way my name is Taylor but I go by Tay" I smiled a little as i shook her hand.
" I'm Kayla but you can call me Kay"
" Tay and Kay, our names rhyme that's how I know we are really going to get along", she says as she slaps my hand again. Mr. Powers our homeroom advisory teacher comes in and settles the the classroom down. Taylor sits down in the desk next to mine and she writes me a note.

" girl, if he don't get his steve harvey, big pants with a small shirt bussin' ass outta here"

I laugh to myself as I write.

" If he don't get his big Samuel L. Jackson with a nappy fro head ass outta here. With his big body small head bussin' ass."

I passed the note to Taylor and watched her as she read it. She tried to cover her mouth to keep from laughin so loud. But it didn't work. Her laugh was so funny it made me laugh too. Mr. Powers cleared his throat and said, " Is there a problem back there that needs to be solved so we can go on with homeroom advisory instructions Ms. Jones and Ms. Robinson?" We both shook our heads no and started to pay attention. When we had a few minutes left in the period Taylor told me a few things about herself. She told me that she never really knew her dad; the only memory she had of him was that he was shot 9 times in the chest in front of her while they were walking home from school. She was only 6. I was shocked that she felt that she could be vulnerable with me and she only just met me. I was still shocked that she stood up for me. After all everyone was laughing at me. But I could sense that she was different; a real one I should say. The bell rang signaling that it was time to go to the opening school year assembly. Usually I skip those things and wait in the bathroom until it's over but I have a strange feeling that I should go. Thinking to myself, I wonder what is wrong with me. First I'm talking to a girl I barely Know, 2nd I'm enjoying talking to someone other than myself, 3rd I laughed and genuinely smiled for the first time in 2 years. Something is not right. Taylor slaps me in my head.
" Oww"
" Girl did you hear anything I said? Come on before we be late to the assembly "
" Oh ok", I whisper as we walk out of the classroom and into the sea of students

Hey Guys! I hope you like this chapter I'm just flowing my ideas along as i write so please give me feed back on how I am doing and please star and share my story with your other friends. 💙. - Shy