~Chapter thirty-two~

"I need you to somehow force your canines out." Patrick told Rylan.

They had practically slept for the whole evening, night and morning... And they both felt back to normal.

"How's that going to work?" Rylan asked.

"I basically need a sample of whatever's going to come out of your fangs or canines, whatever you want to call them, and make sure it isn't anything in connection with Lucius's blood. if it is, then Adeline could still be turned when you mark her."

"I basically need to get frisky." He said quietly and he looked over at Adeline who gave him a look.

"You've got hands." Adeline told him and Patrick and Isaac both laughed. He put his bottom lip out.

"My fangs don't come out when I ma-"

"I don't need to know." Adeline told him, interrupting his sentence.

"I can step out of the room, but I'll need to take the venom sample myself."

"Couldn't I just shift?" He asked.

"No. Odion's canines don't contain the stuff I need to test." Patrick told him and he nodded.

"Could you...." He asked referring to the door.

"Call me back in when you want me."

"Close your ears." He told them and they both laughed as they walked out of the door and then closed it behind them.

Rylan stood up and strolled over to Adeline's chair, leaning over and leaning on the arm rests.

"I haven't kissed you in at least 24 hours." He told her. "You must be hungry."

"For food." She told him, winding him up.

"For me." He winked and she just laughed, shaking her head. He kissed her cheek. "Does this count as consensual?" He asked and she frowned.

"Ry. Just get this over with, please." She told him. And he didn't decline.

They both felt slightly strange, making out in a doctor's room but it seemed to be working. Rylan's hands held onto Adeline's cheeks softly and she stroked up and down his arms as they kissed.

He nipped and sucked on her bottom lip and the kiss deepened. She let him take control and he moved his hand down onto her waist and as far onto her butt as he could with her sitting down on the chair, she stood up and he pulled her flush against him, moving his hand down to her behind properly.

He hummed contently and his canines had already started to descend. He pulled away from her lips and kissed down her neck, where he would mark her later tonight... Or so he hoped.

She pulled his head back up to her lips and kissed his once more before making him pull away. He moved his lip out of the way and checked his canines were fully out before quickly calling Patrick, who came in and made him bite into some sort of sponge that he squeezed into a small container... The liquid was black.

"That was weird." Rylan said touching his canines and going back over to Adeline.

"Give me a few hours. I'll check it." Patrick told him.

"For now, go and get ready for your ceremony." He told them both.

It was already nearly midday. But the ceremony was due to take place, providing all was well, at about 9pm... When the moon was at optimum point.

Rylan led Adeline outside, where hundreds of tables had been set out across the main training field. The warriors had been squashed into the corner of the field as they trained.