NARRATOR

Author here,
Never mind crap about epilogue coming, it's too freaking long.
Sooo I decided to do a 5 chapter countdown till the actual epilogue. I mean the next five chapters ARE part of the epilogue, but this way it's a little easier to understand.

Change it up a bit.

I should probably say this first before you go in, but this chapter is a teensy bit... Suicidal? Idk, just skip all the bold words and stuff if it's too much, it shouldn't be though... Right??
-------

The earth was calm, it went with the flow of things, and it continued to cycle. In a small part of the earth, the land was with its peace at last, and wars hadn't come for months. The ocean was still, and hardly any anger wielded in its depth.

Everything seemed to be in serenity.

There was a man who lived in his castle, and by day and night he would go through the same cycle- wake up, work, discuss, sleep. He hardly went out of his palace, and he hardly even cared. He was at his own peace, and yet in his mind,

He was at war.

Natsu Dragneel sat at the porch of his window, looking out and staring at the busy streets,
"Why does it have to be like this," he thought out loud, "why couldn't I be her instead..."

A knock came from his bedroom door.

"Come in," Natsu called out. It was probably a soldier who was calling him to a meeting. The door swung open, and there was his mother, Queen Grandine.

"Natsu, it's time for lunch," she said. Natsu sighed, looking back at the window. He slumped into the ledge and buried his face with his arms around it.

"You can just leave it on the side table," he answered. Queen Grandine tapped her foot constantly against the floor.

"That's it!" She finally said, stomping her heel. She grudgingly went over to Natsu and pulled him by the ear, "Look here young man, I will not tolerate you living in this room every single day like a hoarder! If you weren't living in luxury, you'd probably be in the streets with junk all over your body! You cannot keep living like this! You can't- you can't..."

Natsu stared at his mother as she clinched onto his white shirt, tears in her eyes. His eyes had lost its ombré green, a dark brown filling in a dull color. Queen Grandine's fists curled tighter around the collar, her legs shaky. Why did her son have to live in sorrow?

Not wanting to break down, she let go of her sons collar and stood up straight. She wiped away her tears and straightened her blue slim dress. Look back up at Natsu, she held her chin up,

"When you're ready to eat, come down. These are orders from your queen," she said boldly. Then she was out the door.

Natsu sighed and went to open his closet. He took out a black vest and slipped into it. Then he took out a rigged black jacket that had a red lining. Putting it on, he went to his bathroom mirror and started to fix his pink hair. Natsu's eyes widen as he saw the horror of his reflection.

His eyes were grey and dull with huge bangs underneath it. His skin had become fair from staying inside too much. His lips and cheeks had lost its pink color and his hair didn't seem to have its bright touch. For a man born with a sunny appearance, he looked dark.