vii.

A steady beeping echoes through Hadley Andrew's hospital room. The unconscious woman has a bandage wrapped around her forehead. There's no permanent damage--or so Dr. Derek Shepherd thinks.

     Alex Karev sits beside her, a chart in his hands. He writes slowly, longing for more time with the girl. As she writes, he glances at the sleeping girl. He watches her lips. . . the lips that gave him the best kiss he has ever had. Alex wishes he could kiss her again. He wishes she would kiss him. The thought of loving Hadley sends his mind into a cloud.

     A smile is stretched across his face when George O'Malley enters the room.

     "How is she?" George questions, confused by the smile. He has only seen the classic "Karev smirk" as he likes to call it, not an actual smile.

     "About the same. Shepherd thinks she should be walking up soon. We can only hope."

     "You know," George says, grabbing the unconscious doctor's hand, "I think I like her."

     Alex looks up from the chart, his eyes rolling over his colleague's baby-like face. His expression is hard, and he bites back a rude comment.

     "Uh, you're out of her league, George," Alex replies, trying to turn the intern off. Hadley is his, not some momma's boy intern's. 

     "Who said that? What's so wrong with me?"

      Alex smirks as he comes up with the perfect lie. "O'Malley," he says, "You have a little something in your pants that she doesn't like."

     George squints his eyes in confusion, looking down at his scrub-covered legs.

     "She's into people without legs? Is that what you're trying to say?"

     "My god, O'Malley! Get your mind out of the gutter!"

     "Then what do you mean?" George questions, raising his voice slightly.

       Alex smirks as the lie leaves his lips. No one will break down his chances of getting with Hadley.

     "Girls, George. Hadley is into girls."

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm aware that it is super short, but I'm in the process of a huge clean out of my house. I won't have time in the next couple weeks to write, but I'll try.

What did you think of Alex getting territorial?

Who do you ship now?

Thanks for reading!

Please share!

maddy